Hi everyone!

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
krakrs

Hi everyone!

Post by krakrs »

Hello! :D I'm pretty new to Origami, but I really enjoy it! I've folded a few intermediate models, but I'm still pretty green. I'm not sure how to get to the next level, hoping the forum might help. I know practice makes perfect, but sometimes diagrams are just downright confusing and I don't know how to practice! Anyway, glad to be here, looking forward to folding banter.

See ya ~ k
oz

Post by oz »

Welcome to the forum!

I think the best way to get more experience with origami is to keep trying different models. If you don't understand a model and it's more advanced than the models you're used to folding, set it down (or crumple it up, it's more cathartic!) and try something a little simpler.

If you successfully fold a model more complex, but it's not folded all that well, fold a few simpler models, then go back to the complex one. You will have the experience of your first fold through the model, and will start to be able to piece together the steps you were having difficulties with.

If you're having trouble in a diagram that is within your skill set (or even slightly outside your skill set), ask away in the Diagrams and Crease Patterns section. People there are friendly and try to help whoever has problems.

Here's hoping your forum experience is a good one! Have fun!