wanabe

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
aidan

wanabe

Post by aidan »

I am a keen reader of origami books (I have many) but am a very poor folder!

I have had the book Origami for the Conoisseur for 15 years and have only managed a couple of the models.

My current goal is to create a good Kawasaki Rose.

I like figures that stand on their own, modular origami, polygons and am also a fan of origami architecture. The best design I can do on my own is Paul Jacksons elephant.

I am practicing a lot lately so will start to upload images, when I think they are good enough to share.

I live in Ireland.
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

welcome to the forum, aidan. you seem to own quite interesting origami books if you prefer reading them instaed of folding from their content ...
wish you good luck with the rose. if there'll be a problem just look at the forum - there is and will be a lot of help to find.
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Welcome. Let me amplify that there are many Forum posts and some Youtube videos on the variations of Kawasaki's Rose.

Just use the Search function in the Forum and Google for the rest of the Web...

- Hank Simon
dcbaok

Post by dcbaok »

Hi, welcome. I'm fairly new here too and still doing quite simple models. My advice is to use larger paper for more complex models. I used to try a lot of models with paper that was way too small and ended up getting really frustrated.