Hello- Intro

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
mingeace

Hello- Intro

Post by mingeace »

Hello people of the Origami online community. I got into the art of origami back in the 6th grade with pretty much everyone else I knew ha. I am now 27 and have rekindled the flame. Back then I was into paper air planes (of course, 6th grade boy) and purchased the infamous "How to Make Origami Airplanes that Fly" by Gery Hsu.

Now that I have grown up a bit I have returned to this book with the hope that my years of development might help me in completing some of these great creations. Well, its hasn’t. I have made it my goal to complete all of these designs and need some serious help.

Is there anyone out there that could assist me in these designs? Or point me to a revised book with more complete/more accurate step? Or perhaps to another book that goes over general origami steps and fold. Also are there any kinds of classes or persons living in the SLC, Utah area that I may meet up with in order to learn from others experience?

Just wondering how I might be able to complete my goal and if there is anyone that can help. Thanks in advance for looking and for the help.
Axel´s Origami

Re: Hello- Intro

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Welcome to the forum!

there is a nice thread with links to sites hosting free diagrams, of all levels of complexity:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=568

Folding a bunch of them will give you knowlege of all kinds of diferent folds, which should make folding those planes a lot easier.

In the Diagrams & Crease Patterns you can look for threads about those planes and if you don't find a thread, create one asking for help