Hello, new folder here

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Trixie

Hello, new folder here

Post by Trixie »

My son got Origami paper from his cousin for Christmas so I thought I'd give it a go. When I was about 8 years old (many moons ago) there used to be a programme on TV showing you how to fold all sorts of models. It was a guy with a grey beard and he was showing a Japanese girl how to do it. My mother bought origami paper and we both tried to follow the programme, but never once managed to fold anything because the guy went too fast. One time he was folding an inflatable frog and at the end his frog failed totally, but the girl's frog was perfect. Both my mother and I loved that cos the guy was a right pain in the proverbial.

For some peculiar reason I'm addicted to flowers at the moment, especially roses and especially Kawasaki roses. It's taken me a while to sort out the locking fold at the end of the full bloom ones, but I've managed it now. If anyone has any recommendations for fairly realistic flowers I'd be eternally grateful.
phillipcurl

Re: Hello, new folder here

Post by phillipcurl »

first of all, welcome.
second, you should try a kawasaki rose. its fairly realistic. i guess.
in Origami Art there is instructions to make super realistic flowers and plants.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

Welcome to the forum. This link might be worth checking out.
http://swami.giladorigami.com/flower.html
jadylyon

Post by jadylyon »

Joost Langeveld does a lot of reasonable realistic flowers, so certainly check out his page. He also has a youtube channel if you prefer to watch a folding sequence instead of working through the diagrams.

And welcome to origami :)