ADROIT Origami meetings - Dallas TX

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.

ADROIT Origami meetings - Dallas TX

Postby Tankoda » November 28th, 2018, 3:22 am

Greetings origami people! I founded a Dallas-based Origami group about a year ago, called ADROIT Origami (Artists Doing Remarkable Origami In Texas). Check out our website.https://adroitorigami.com/.
I have not "advertised" meetings before, as we did not have a regular meeting place, but we have finally acquired a permanent place to meet. Our next meeting will be December 6, 6:30 to 8 PM at the Renner Frankford Library.
More info here: https://adroitorigami.com/events.
We would love to see you there!

Thanks!
Tankoda

Re: ADROIT Origami meetings - Dallas TX

Postby Tankoda » December 28th, 2018, 8:43 pm

Our next meeting will be January 3, 6-8 PM at the Renner Frankford Library.
December meeting was a big success!

Meetings are the first Thursday of every month from 6 to 8 pm in their Auditorium. They have a projector, a big room, AND they allow food. Meetings go from 6-8 (we will let you know if there is an exception).
We will be folding the Single Strip Square Curlicue designed by Assia Brill. Paper will be provided. There will also be announcements which will come along with a presentation and an origami help/show-off perhaps. We might have food, will post that when we know for sure.
Hope to see you there! Spread the word, these meetings are open to the public.
Tankoda

Postby Tankoda » January 1st, 2019, 10:10 pm

Quick update
We were just notified by the library of a scheduling mishap. As a result, we will not be able to meet in the auditorium this next meeting. Instead, we will meet inside the main library (the date and time will not change). If you walk into the library, there is an area in the back with a big table, and as I understand it, we will be meeting there. If you cannot find it right away a librarian should be able to help you, but I don't think we will be too hard to find. We will discuss at the meeting how we want to adjust to this schedule change in the future. I don't think we can have food in the library itself, so probably don't count on that. There will probably be a few other small changes that we will have to make as well.
That should be all. Happy New Year!
Travis
Tankoda

Postby Tankoda » January 28th, 2019, 4:38 am

I have spoken with the library about how to solve the scheduling hiccup that meant we had to meet in the main library in January. We will now meet on the THIRD Thursday of every month, from 6-8 pm. Meetings will be in the auditorium.

In short, our February meeting will be Thursday, February 21, from 6 to 8 pm at the Renner Frankford library. We will meet at 6 in the main library, and switch to the auditorium at 6:30. There will be a class beforehand starting at 5:00 in the main library aimed at more experienced folders.
Tankoda

Postby Tankoda » March 19th, 2019, 12:18 am

Next Meeting Thu March 21st, 6-8 PM, Renner Frankford Branch Library, Auditorium
Advanced class beforehand, 5-6 PM

Details: https://adroitorigami.com/events
Tankoda

Return to Origami Clubs and Websites