East Bay Origami Convention 2012

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
ShuaiJanaiDesu

East Bay Origami Convention 2012

Post by ShuaiJanaiDesu »

Hi everyone,

Cal Origami, a student organization at UC Berkeley is hosting our 2nd annual East Bay Origami Convention on November 17-18, 2012 at Berkeley, CA! Our first day will have many classes teaching different models, as well as an exhibition room to showcase what you have folded and even a banquet in the evening. The second day will feature workshops on techniques and styles of origami.

Registration will go live next week on our website at http://calorigami.weebly.com/eboc.html.

Also we'll be having a Convention Book this year to go along with the Convention. We are accepting diagrams for the book. Please send them to eboc2012 (at) gmail (dot) com.
(disclaimer: we will not be able to accept all the diagrams to be put in the book.
EDIT: We decided that we are going to be giving out free Convention Books for accepted submissions! yay)

More info is on the website. You may also check out our event page on Facebook here:http://www.facebook.com/events/427902350580822/ Feel free to send any questions to eboc2012 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks for reading my post and I hope you'll be able to come! (and submit diagrams :) )

Scott Okamura
Last edited by ShuaiJanaiDesu on September 23rd, 2012, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
steingar

Re: East Bay Origami Convention 2012

Post by steingar »

Good luck with your event. Glad to see others doing things like this. Are yo doing this on campus, or at a hotel?
ShuaiJanaiDesu

Post by ShuaiJanaiDesu »

We're doing this on campus in a building called MLK Jr. Student Union on Saturday, and Evans Hall on Sunday.
cyitoh

Post by cyitoh »

We are holding our 2nd annual East Bay Origami Convention this year in Berkeley again, but this year it is a two day convention! Please join us on Saturday, November 17th 10am-5pm and Sunday, November 18th 10am-5pm. Our dinner reception Saturday, November 17 6pm-9pm.

This year features not only workshops with many great origami artists from the bay area, but also a Saturday night dinner reception with food and games. In addition, we will have an exhibition gallery consisting of general and themed displays. Our theme for this year is “Dreams and Nightmares”. I encourage you to participate in creating a display that suits our theme. If you’d like to bring models or displays for our General exhibition, that would be great, too!

We are also looking for submissions for our Convention Book 2012!

Please visit our website for more details about our convention, including registration, the convention book, exhibition, and volunteering to teach.

Pre-register on our website by October 13th!
General Registration $18 (pre-registration. After October 13th, will be $20).
Convention Book $10
Dinner Reception $20
http://calorigami.berkeley.edu/eboc.html

We hope to see you there,
Chris Itoh
Cal Origami
President
Schmotle

Post by Schmotle »

Hi! I am from Phoenix and I have never been to an origami convention before. I'm planning to fly out to Berkeley in November. I can't wait!