origami-shop

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
kram

origami-shop

Post by kram »

Hi i was just wondering how long it usaually takes for origami-shop to deliver packages to California. I have tried to contact them, but no one ever responded. the only reason why i am asking this is cuz my mom is wondering where my paper is and she dosnt want to be scammed... btw its been 9 weeks
phillipcurl

Re: origami-shop

Post by phillipcurl »

Hi, kram.

Because origami shop is in France and they usually ship via ocean liner, it can take anywhere from two weeks to six months for your package to get to you, depending on what you ordered. You didn't get scammed, though; origami-shop is a reputable website. I've ordered things many times from them. Remember California is a long way from France. Next time you need to order something relating to Origami, since you live so far from OS, you should probably order it from OUSA or directly from origami house. OUSA has less of a selection, but it will get to you quicker as they are located closer to you. Origami house is in Japan, and they only carry books, but are also significantly closer and cheaper than OS.

Wait one or two more weeks, and if it still hasn't arrived, then try contacting Nicolas directly. He is signed up on the forum as TERRY Nicolas, I believe. He usually will compensate you somehow, he sent me about 15 unpublished diagrams from an upcoming book to test fold when my order didn't arrive for something like 3 months.

Hope this helps.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
kram

Post by kram »

Thank you!!! You really help me thanks again!!!
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

Hi Kram
I'm sorry if you didn't receive reply from me. It's unusual because I try to reply to all messages, mainly if it include complain. I try that any folder stay happy even if trouble appear during international shippings (that's appear in rare cases unfortunately, mainly due to custom office which could delay the package to study it), we always re-send or refund articles if lost or damages. Nobody loses money with us. And in case of too long delivery, I offer free diagrams or add additional gift in the new package.

If you need more information, please contact me only on contact@origami-shop.com or on support page of the shop.

Nicolas
http://www.passionorigami.com : all the latest news about origami
gordigami

Post by gordigami »

In the interest of fairly objective assessment, I would like to agree with Nicolas Terry's reliable promise of " good faith" business practices .
Without exception, origami-shop has been reliable, as well as quite punctual with getting products delivered to recipients.
They do seem to process the orders immediately.
The primary slowdown occurs within the postal system , customs checks and mode of delivery .
Economic postage is understandably quite slow . I have only tried it a couple times, and have had my patience sorely tested each time . ](*,)
On the other hand, priority shipping , although more expensive, is happily quite speedy.
I have received product as soon as 6 or 7 days to California .
At least for United States shipping, the message is undeniable . Priority shipping !
The origami-shop postage options may be seen here : http://www.origami-shop.com/en/postage- ... xl-23.html
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .