Czech origami convention with Miyuki Kawamura

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Czech origami convention with Miyuki Kawamura

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Dear origamists!

I would like to inform you about and invite you on our 6th International origami convention in the Czech republic. This year it will be different and more interesting:

o At first, it will be for two days.
o Secondly, we have two special guests - Kay Kraschewski from Germany and Miyuki Kawamura from Japan.
o Also, we will have a vernissage of the origami exhibition. This exhibition will contain many interesting models of Miyuki Kawamura, Kay Kraschewski (of course), Federico Scalambra, Joseph Wu, Quyet Hoang, David Brill, Giang Dinh, Akira Yoshizawa, Josef Szebe and some of the Czech origamists (f.e. Petr Stuchlý and me, of course).
o Than, do not forget on the launch ceremony of the first original Czech origami book in modern look. The author of the book is Ondřej Cibulka (me) and the godfather of the book will be Miyuki Kawamura. The book contains several models of mine, but also models of David Brill, Steven Casey, Joseph Wu and others.
o At least, the exhibition of the folding from the paper of 3 m in size will be presented (by me and my brother, we will fold octahedron of Haga).
o Finally, many presentation about origami and many workshops will be possible to visit during both days.

But it is not everything. Our International origami convention is a partner event with festival of japanease culture "Japnoský den - Kaizen". So, if you will be tired by continuous folding, you can visit calligraphy workshop, presentation of martial arts, japan theatre, bonsai exhibition, the tea way and many, many other things. The important thing is, that part of japanease culture will come to present masters directly from Japan. My favorite one is master Nakagawa Kinji, real samurai (http://www.busido.cz/nakagawa-sensei) :-)

Festival and International origami convention will be on 5.-6. of October 2013 on chateau Hradiště in Blovice town (http://www.muzeum-blovice.cz/, 49°34'41.368"N, 13°32'39.179"E). Our convention is different from all others over the world, because the festival is open to public and the entrance fee is very public. :-) You do not need to register, just come. If you would like to come and need some advices with accomodation, please contact the Czech origami society on the email info@origami.cz.

I hope we will meet there!

Ondřej Cibulka
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz