CenterFold 2018

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
Baltorigamist

CenterFold 2018

Post by Baltorigamist »

Anyone within driving distance of the Columbus, OH (USA) area, the CenterFold convention will be from August 9-12 this year. Michael LaFosse and Richard Alexander (of Origamido fame) are scheduled to be special guests along with Shuki Kato and Maria Sinayskaya.

As someone who's been to several of the CenterFold conventions over the past eight years, it's a great time. No registration is required for classes (it is required for the convention itself, however), and the atmosphere is really friendly. People (myself included) will even take the time to teach one-on-one, so you can learn new models even if you miss a class.
Another plus is the paper shop. Paper Circle and Origami-Shop US both have booths, so you can get paper at a much cheaper rate (as you don't have to pay shipping).

All in all, as I said, it's a great convention to go to, and I recommend it to folders of all ages and skill levels.

If you're interested, they have a Facebook page, and you can register at http://www.ohiopaperfolders.com/.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr