Canadian Folders

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
Duck

Post by Duck »

Greetings!

I'm actually from the west coast of Newfoundland, currently living on the east coast. I, for some reason, really didn't think there'd be that many folders in the atlantic region. Maybe I was wrong! :D
hermanntrude

Post by hermanntrude »

i married a newfie! never been to the west coast except gros morne
blahblahblahboringsignatureblahblahblah
Duck

Post by Duck »

[Well I lived right on the southern border of Gros Morne, in a small place called Wiltondale. You probably would have missed it if you blinked (assuming you passed through there at all).
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Duck wrote:I, for some reason, really didn't think there'd be that many folders in the atlantic region. Maybe I was wrong! :D
Umm... "that many"= 3 people?

East Coast Canada/Maratimes is not really a good place to find folders... more in Vancouver, or maybe the bigger cities like Toronto. (Where Japanese Paper Place is :D )
hermanntrude wrote: I married a newfie! never been to the west coast except gros morne
So do you live in Canada?
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Duck

Post by Duck »

Cupcake wrote:Umm... "that many"= 3 people?
All those that use this forum fold, but not all those who fold use this forum. I just used (known) atlantic forum members to make a wild guess that there're more out there. Plus it's good to have an optimistic view about these sorts of things :P
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I don't know... THere aren't that many, seeing as we're quite far away Japan. Maybe when Origami sweeps the world, there will a whole lot of folders in the Maratimes :P
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Well, I've figured out my goal for my high school years, which involves my home province, Nova Scotia, and origami. I plan to try and start a Nova Scotia Folding Community/Club/Whatever else you could call it. But just how would I go about doing this? :? Would I have to put ads in different newspapers?
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
paperz

Post by paperz »

Just a thought....you could start by putting up fliers in libraries, grocery stores, banks etc. And any schools too if they permit. Maybe you could also arrange for an intro session to make people aware about your plan perhaps at your local library or an exhibition of all your wonderful creations!!!

Good luck!
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

:D Yes, and maybe I could use the library, seeing as I have been offered a job there as soon as I make a résume! Or maybe I could just make all the library my gallery, putting my works where decoration is needed!
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
kirby677

Post by kirby677 »

Vancouver Island!
escaflowne_moon

Post by escaflowne_moon »

I'm three years late reviving this thread. lol Anyone from Halifax, NS who does origami?
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I'm from 30 minutes away, in East Hants county.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
escaflowne_moon

Post by escaflowne_moon »

That's cool. Do you visit Halifax much?
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

I don't know why I didn't post here earlier. I live in Toronto. I also know that Suntailhawk is also Torontonian. We had a folding session today.
Last edited by ftangdude55 on October 11th, 2009, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Kelowna, BC