Conventions

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
stuckie27

Post by stuckie27 »

I bought a Fuji FinePix 3800 Digital Camera for 249.00 Including shipping new (not refurbished) off of ebay.

And since I got such A great deal I went ahead and bought a 64 MB card for 30 dollars and an accesory kit
which can be seen at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=29994

I researched the camera pretty good, It got great reviews in consumer report and everybody seems to be happy with it.

Some specs
(3.2MP, 2048x1536, 6x Opt, 16MB xD-Picture Card)

Here is a link for price grabber on the camera if your interested

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getp ... 040446574e
saj

Sorry ...

Post by saj »

Hi people,

I had hoped to go to the BOS Spring 2004 to be held at Manchester, but unfortunately will no longer be able to go.

My mum leaves for China on Saturday (she'll be moving there permanently in July) and so I can't make it anymore. :(

Hopefully will be able to get to the Autumn convention :)

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

Since my P.C. model got chosen for Origami By Children, I was persuaded to go to the OUSA convention this year!(it didn't take much persuasion) This'll be my first convention, though I was hoping for SEOF...oh well, this should be just as good :wink: So...is anyone going? I want to make a list of people to meet and get autographs from :D . When I get details on the dates, etc. I'll have to ask the O-List too. I'll be taking pictures for the non convention goers. Yipee!
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

The OUSA Con is Sat 26- Mon 28 June. Registration starts Friday evening, and there's usually significant activity going on by then.

Two great things to sign up for:
- teach a class or two
- display your works at the exhibition
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

I'd love to have a part in the exhibition. :? Hm, what should I teach ? Anyone have some suggestions? (probably can't teach a skeleton or the Leviathan though)
stuckie27

Post by stuckie27 »

I believe you dont have to teach your own model, you can teach someone elses if you would like.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Yes, you can teach whatever model you want, or even techniques (during the Monday classes).

Basically, whatever you can fit into the allocated time. There's two sessions each day, about 3 hours each. A complex class can take the entire 3 hours, and simpler ones take either 1 or 2.
It's also possible to request a limit on how many people can attend the class.