Origami Tanteidan

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
earth

Origami Tanteidan

Post by earth »

Recently, I looked at the origami house website to browse through the books available. I looked at the pages of the Origami Tanteidan Convention volumes and there's a list of the models in the book. Does that mean all of them are diagrammed in the book or only contain cp's in the book? (It would be a pity if not all are diagrammed) I was guessing only the cp's were offered for some of the models, but I need clarification. :D
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

in the convention BOOKs there are usually diagrams, in the magazines are also CPs.
denori

Post by denori »

Most are diagrams, a few CPs.

Check the Origami Database http://www.origamidatabase.com which has the listings of the books. Usually, crease patterns are marked with (CP) in the model name.

I should also point out that Tanteidan Convention Books earlier than 8 (I think) are no longer available.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Chris, In the magazines there is only usually one CP, at the end.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Apart from #82, since Volume 10 (issue 55), the Tanteidan magazines have always ended with a crease pattern challenge. Issue 82 had a bunch of CPs, instead of the usual diagrams.

In the convention books, most of the featured works are diagrammed. There have been a few crease patterns, such as Hojyo's God of Thunder in Tanteidan 10, but it is definitely mainly diagrams.