Multinational Origami meeting (away from conventions)

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
akugami
Forum Sensei

Multinational Origami meeting (away from conventions)

Post by akugami »

I really hope it's a new topic ...

Wouldn't it be nice to have a folder meeting with people from neighbour countries occasionally, f.i. Poland, Czech and Germany? The place to go could be chosen in the near of common borders, sometimes here and sometimes there.

We would have the chance not only for folding together but as well as for learning a new language (or may be just try and improve our english skills) and for widen up our cultural horizon.

It's just an idea to think about, so please feel free to post your opinion.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Well, it'll depend on travel plans and costs. I know a few folders who have done so, but those are arranged more at the personal level, ie spontaneous mini meetings happen whenever someone's in the region.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to arrange a meeting for in Paris for when I go there, if anyone wants to come. I already opened a topic on the french forum asking who all could possibly come, and now I'm asking on here.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

are there any czech and polish friends interested in a meeting?
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Do you thing on me? :lol: I am not sure about any other origamist from Czech republic here, on forum. Yes, your idea is great! We have some origamists in Usti nad Labem, not so far to Dresden. It should be jointed with Czech origami society meeting, maybe. But we are short of free weekends... :roll:
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

yes, i thought about you, ondrej. but maybe there are some more czech and polish folders just watching this topic and want to join a future meeting. are you from prague? if so we may meet there, too 'cause i've never been to prague before and as a friend of alfonse mucha i have to go there soon. are there regularly folder meetings in prague and would there be a possibility to join one?
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

I know about three people from Poland joined here on the forum, they are Piotr Pluta, Arthur Biernacki and Dorota Dziamska. Probably someone else watch this forum and maybe will join our activity. I am not suppose other people from Czech republic on the forum.

I am from Praha and we have regular meetings, each monday at 18.00. If you specify date of your visit, we will come in large numbers, about five members... :lol: But it is no problem make meeting in different date and time, as you need.
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

fine! if i make specific plans to go to prague i'll let you know about it. i would probably bring one or two folding friends with me ...
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Some other folders? Great! I am looking forward to our meeting!
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

for now i'll be just me and a couple ...