Anyone from Fairfax, Virginia, USA?

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
novaorigami

Anyone from Fairfax, Virginia, USA?

Post by novaorigami »

Hello,

I am trying to set an Origami show for the World Heritage Day at my school Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale Campus on April, 11, 2007.

I actually try to recruite people by open a small presentation in February, however, I got no one. I was really surprise that nobody interests. I never thought of that, only few know what origami is, and when i use the phrase "paper folding", most of their replies are somewhat like "OKie". I was probably naive to think that there are "many" people like origami in my area.

Anyway, I still try to set the show on that day. There only two of us so far, and we need more people and models; so if anyone who is in this area and want to join, let me know, even you are not college students as long as you know how to fold. Reason I want to do this is because I want to show them what exactly is origami; I was truly surprise and disappointed on the first presentation day. The counselor of student activity of my school thought this idea was silly.

My email is novaorigamigroup AT gmail.com.

Our next group meeting (even there are only 2, posible there will be two more ) is on next Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3-4 pm CF building second floor, Student Activity Office.

Oh, there is one last thing, we can only provide paper for practice only, not special, colour paper--sorry.