Origami Forum Design Group

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

As i have said, this wont be easy. However it is the Idea that is "set in stone" the application can be twisted to make it the most efficent and easy. If one-on-one help between an advanced member and a novice is the way to start then so be it.

I just came up with the suggestion that a route that could be taken is one-on-one or a few people (no more then six) with both advanced and novice members working to modify existing designs. Any traditional model could be done and members on the forum could also give permission for modification of there own. I would put up a few of my own after january (as they are in the e-book).

HankSimons idea is anouther good one.

I hope that you will be willing to help me and provide useful sugggestions to improve this idea and make it even more feasible.

Origamiginlucia: I think that we have different fews of difficult. When i say more difficult then traditional models i do not mean KNL dragon difficulty or a simular model I mean the sort of model from the "HARD" section of an origami kit difficulty.
Origami forums design group viewtopic.php?p=49612#49612
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Could I join the tangle too? Anyway, I detest diagramming because I just cannot do it! It is crazily confusing!
WhisperPuffin

Post by WhisperPuffin »

I'll join in. I don't have too much of a problem with diagramming, but mostly I focus on designing instead ofdiagramming my models. I do draw CPs, though.
Bibbleyboopalah!

A Whisper of Puffins (my Flickr)
topsu

Post by topsu »

I would like to join, if you get this thing working.
I'll just leave the planning to more advanced thinkers :P

I do know the basics of the origami quite well , and i have made a few models by myself, too, but they often turn out a bit different from what i try to do. For example, today i wanted to design a dog with teeth, and ended up making one carrying a newspaper :lol:
So...If you are still going to do this, i'm in. :D
petr-stuchly

join!!!!

Post by petr-stuchly »

i would like to join too! i am barely eighteen and i have been paperfolding since elementry school.
i am not a real master, but i know thing or two of designing a model though :wink: and to say the truth i rather design than fold from diagrams, :lol:

P.S. important question: how do you expect to let someone to draw diagrams, if he will have to know how to do it, and we can't meet in person, so i think it is a problem when the diagrammer himself will need so mething like diagram too :wink: so when it will be folded, the CP will be reverse engineered and then diagrammed? but, though i dont dislike diagramming, htough it is fight sometimes, i am noat that good CP solver i am able to fail even on simple models, i can fold the CP only when is made my myself and of my own model :lol:

second P.S. again, i would like to join and i hope i'll be useful :!:
what can i say? look at my fickr.com gallery and read about my greatest creatures... email me if you want. i answer it
petr-stuchly

Re: join!!!!

Post by petr-stuchly »

second P.S. again, i would like to join and i hope i'll be useful
i think the easiest way how to show the folding sequence to the diagrammer is posting videos on youtube and diagramming it from that, but hey! if used youtube to upload really clear videos, is still the necessarity of drawing diagrams here? if you wish to draw them though, i micght be able to diagram some simpler models, but don't believe me much, i will be a third grader on a grammar school after holiday ends, so i might won't have much time to fold/design myself
what can i say? look at my fickr.com gallery and read about my greatest creatures... email me if you want. i answer it
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

I don't think this group ever got off the ground... Certainly I never heard anything more about it.
petr-stuchly

too bad

Post by petr-stuchly »

too bad. it would be great thing for beginners :lol:
Jadd

Post by Jadd »

It would, and would bring up nice diagrams. I looooooooooooooove drawing diagrams just looooove it! cps I don't get. plus I have a cuple diagrams from me 2
J-D
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

I died X.X But now that im back alive :) maybe we could try to get this running:)
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")
petr-stuchly

repely

Post by petr-stuchly »

ok then. but i think it will be hard. look around. almost no life in here. i think as long as the things will be running this way it won't be possible to realize the idea. :( we have to bring it up to general forum-members, we need them to know about us, then they maybe join us, then we'll have more people to count with and turn it all on. what do you think? (sorry for my english :? )
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

We would need to get more people on board but the way we do it is the question.
petr-stuchly

answer

Post by petr-stuchly »

"...hey you guys, don't you wanna join us?..." :lol:
topsu

Post by topsu »

Person number 1 joining! :P

No seriously. We have to plan what we do exactly.
petr-stuchly

idea

Post by petr-stuchly »

and this is it. we simply have to inflitrate the other topics on the forum... :lol: