BOS York Convention 2003

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
saj

BOS York Convention 2003

Post by saj »

Hi People!

I promised to take lost of pictures (I think you guys mentioned 400!). I did manage this, but half of them weren't good enough to be put online.

You can access my new Origami Gallery here

http://snkhan.co.uk/origami/thegallery/index.php

I hope you like my photos, the image quality is not so good, but otherwise these images would be very big! By clicking on the image after you've clicked on the thumbnail, you can get a even better resolution image.

If your work appears in any of my photos, and you would like the original high resolution picture, please email me so that I can send it to you.

Please feel free to add any comments to the photos. If you know who folded / created a model in my gallery, please email me so that I can update the gallery.

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
JMcK

Post by JMcK »

Cool photos, Saj!

I especially like Dave King's miniature shoes (which I missed at the time), the cheeky shot of Nick getting the orc to lap up beer and the overhead view of the longest train. Good close ups of the Halle cartoon characters too.

Thanks for teaching the Herman Lau dollar bill flower in a pot. I'll have to dismantle mine to see if I can recreate it.

I'm a bit miffed I had to leave early on the Sunday (especially as it meant missing Quentin Trollip's owl class.) I'll book my flights well in advance next time.

(A few corrections to the credits: the tiger and the nail clippers were folded by Dave King, not by me, and the shiny star was folded by Steve Brown. The woven cube and the stellated thing were folded be me rather than Dave, on the other hand.)
saj

Post by saj »

Hi John,

Yeah, it was great meeting you finally at the convention! It is a shame you left early, we managed to get lots of extra folding done.

I have corrected some of the comments, but I mainly need help finding the names of those cartoon chacacters!

Dave King's collection of miniature shoes were amazing, it is such a shame that you didn't see them.

And now for a small favour! I am stuck on steps 8-11 of Yoshio Tsuda's shoes, which I am trying to fold after I saw yours and Dave Kings wonderful display.

I just can't get it to collapse as I want, any chance of uploading (or emailing me) intermediary steps showing how to do this? Thanks.

No worries about the Flower in Pot teach. I normally just teach 1 person, so I'm sorry if I didn't teach well :cry: . Thanks *a lot* for teaching me the rude orc. It's a wonderful model! I'll try to fold it using the photographs I took!

If you give me your email address I'll send you the rough diagrams I have of the flower in the pot.

saj
stuckie27

Post by stuckie27 »

good job, I enjoyed the pictures!
thevoid

Post by thevoid »

yeah, thx for the photos!

:o
MrBluePie

Post by MrBluePie »

DUDE! Awsome pictures! What shoes? I missed those in the gallery! I love the hand model. It is v ery lifelike. Thanks for sharing your pics with us!
~~~~~~~~
Mr. BluePie
saj

Post by saj »

Thanks guys for the feedback!

The hand model is surprisingly easy, it's made by Mark Leonard, and was created by Tun Ken Lam.

saj
JMcK

Post by JMcK »

View mini shoes here. (Designed by Yoshio Tsuda, folded by Dave King.)

Saj, if I can find some more of that brushed gold foil I'll make a second shoe in the next couple of days, and I'll try to get a decent photo of that box pleating collapse move.
saj

Post by saj »

Hi John,

Thanks for that. I have now done the collapse /pleat move, I am assuming the diagrams were slightly wrong.

I just can't get the bottom of the shoe and hell right. I am presuming you have to spread the pleats at some point. Any chance of you just taking a pic of the bottom/back/top of the shoe please?

Thanks.
JMcK

Post by JMcK »

You spread the two lower pleats out in step 25, and make the opening of the shoe sort of cylindrical. Step 26 is a bit nasty: rather than risk tearing the paper by just tugging out the trapped layer as indicated, I ended up opening up half of the model.

I've put photos of the underside, top and back of the shoe on my Yahoo album. Good luck!

Underside
Back
saj

Post by saj »

Thank you john, I'll have another go now! If you got the diagrams from the BOS Bristol conventon pack; are the diagrams slightly wrong in any of the steps? I'm sure there's an error in one of the earlier steps that requires the formation of the 'lace' by spreading the pleat.

Lara has named your mammoth John. Thought you'd like to know that!

saj