TissueFoil.com

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
phillipcurl

Re: TissueFoil.com

Post by phillipcurl »

kozo paper with extra pulp, and it would be better. as Flame said, every art store and its dog has shiny paper.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

So this one would look silly if it didn't, so you could have a MASSIVE range of it. (But i bet that's what Mr Smith said to his wife when WHSmiths started stocking it (do you
WHS where you live Phillp? I can't remember if i've seen it in France))
'Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on'
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
[url=http://%20the-intelligence-division.bandcamp.com]My bandcamp page[/url]
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Not necessarily--metallic foil (the shiny variety, not spangled) tends to be on the cheaper end of the purchasable spectrum for sandwich papers, for it's easier to manufacture. I'd give a store more respect if they had unryu sandwiches, because unryu is harder to find already glued to foil. Furthermore, unryu is harder to make than coloured foil in the first place, which makes it harder to buy to manufacture the unryu/foil combo in the first place. This makes unryu/foil a better choice for the store to make due to higher demand--since it's harder to find.
Furthermore, unryu has a more fibrous look, which is ideal for realistic animal folds, and the foil part would make it very nice to shape, so opinion-wise there might be a demand as well (at least, from me :P).
My two cents, however, take what you'd like out of it. :)
A tiny place to post my things. Enjoy~
http://flamekurosei.deviantart.com/
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

:lol:
Ok, i'd go for unryu too, not meaning you shouldn't do the shiny stuff, but because you'll get serious high demand and lots of money!
'Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on'
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
[url=http://%20the-intelligence-division.bandcamp.com]My bandcamp page[/url]
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Harpseal wrote:So this one would look silly if it didn't, so you could have a MASSIVE range of it. (But i bet that's what Mr Smith said to his wife when WHSmiths started stocking it (do you
WHS where you live Phillp? I can't remember if i've seen it in France))
WHS? i don't speak acronyms, sorry. I live in Georgia. Not France, haha. Although, i was in France last week.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Justinorigami

Post by Justinorigami »

Apparently they shut down.
It was a good idea but I think people didn't bother buying it when they could make it themselves.
Then one day you find, ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time
SenorTortuga

Post by SenorTortuga »

I bought a couple orders from them and was quite happy with the quality of the paper, but I guess that wasn't enough to keep them around :(.