Leicester (UK) Convention april 2006

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Together with Gerwin I will take a train to Salzburg and then we'll fly per airplane to London Stansted (we got cheap flights from Ryan Air), from where a friend of Gerwin will take us per car to another friend's house near Leicester. We will stay there over night until we drive to the convention (not sure if a friend will bring us there or if we´ll take a train).
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

origami_8 wrote:Together with Gerwin I will take a train to Salzburg and then we'll fly per airplane to London Stansted (we got cheap flights from Ryan Air), from where a friend of Gerwin will take us per car to another friend's house near Leicester. We will stay there over night until we drive to the convention (not sure if a friend will bring us there or if we´ll take a train).
I have no international friends for saving money... :roll: But I maybe find some sponsor! :D
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

To Joe (Joseph Wu)

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Hello Joe!
I would like to ask you for personal thing - do you plan to come to Leicester on convention? Thank you for your answer.
Anine

Post by Anine »

Hi everyone!

I'm also coming to the convention in Leicester! And yes I've tried the informal folding in a bar with Mark and Paula, when everybody else had gone home ;) It's a lot of fun.
I'm arriving a few days before the convention and going home a few day after, so it'll be a small vacation for me. I'll be staying with an origami friend in Nottingham.
Have a nice day!
Anine from Denmark
Friet

Post by Friet »

I wish I could come too :(

Unfortunately, I'm a poor student and with the 86 eurocents I have on my bank account it's pretty impossible to get to England...
hermanntrude

Post by hermanntrude »

two words:

-overdraft

-loan
blahblahblahboringsignatureblahblahblah
mleonard

Post by mleonard »

And now you know that the wonderful and beautiful Anine is coming, how can you possibly resist?
Tjips

Post by Tjips »

I'll come if someone helps with the 400 euros it's gonna cost me :(
There is a time for everything, that time has been pre-ordained be almighty God. Trust Him, and no harm shall come to you. He will keep you safely inside his loving hands.

My Photos
Anine

Post by Anine »

mleonard wrote:And now you know that the wonderful and beautiful Anine is coming, how can you possibly resist?
Awww :oops:
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

I am very sorry but I will not come too. That journey is too expencive for me even I am not poor. And information for hermanntrude: If I will take a loan, it will be for a house or car, not for a journey to Liecester. :roll:
hermanntrude

Post by hermanntrude »

Anna... please don't kill me.... My new brother in law is coming this weekend and staying until after the convention is over. I don't think i can get away with going. It's a choice between being killed by you and being killed by my wife... i hope u can see that an austrian who doesnt have my address is safer than a woman who lives with me!
saj

Post by saj »

Hi guys,

Just updated the convention page

Gallery with photos will follow shortly (after the convention weekend).

Saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Hermann, how dare you?!
Bring them with you, I´m sure it will be a special event to them too.
hermanntrude

Post by hermanntrude »

i doubt he came all the way to england from florida in order to go to an origami convention. there are some people in the world who dont even think origami is interesting. I'm really sorry to let you down but family comes first
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Weird, you really think that there are people out there that don´t think that Origami is interesting?