Leicester (UK) Convention april 2006

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Daydreamer wrote:The accommodation organized by BOS is 36 Pounds . I don't know if there is anything cheaper in the vicinity
I got a double room within 5 mins of the convention for £38, so if you've missed out, Penny will send a list of hotels.
saj

Post by saj »

Right, I'm off to the convention, you'll get an update on Sunday :D
I promise, there will be (at least one hundred) photographs!

Saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Awww!!! I will miss the convention.... I guess it would be real fun! I live too far away from England.... Never know whether I would be able to make it in the near future... unless I become RICH!!! :) I would surely love to come. U guyz have a great time!
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
saj

Post by saj »

Hi,

The convention is now over and I have just transferred all the images from the weekend onto the computer.

After I've edited them, I'll post them to the forum. After that, I'll need lots of sleep!

It was a pleasure to meet everyone in Leicester, in particular Anna (origami_8), Gerwin (DayDreamer), Alex (formerly Imagiro), Dennis Walker (DenOri), Nick Robinson (Nick), David Brill, John McKeever (JMck), Mark Leonard (mleonard) ... and everyone else!

Hope to see you very soon!

Saj
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

This was very good, we were around enthusiast 80 folders, we participated so several interesting classes. I personally appreciated the presentation of the work of Nicolas Terry, and the nice atmosphere of sharing tips, ideas and models of all the folders.

Big thanks to Anna&Daydreamer for the lended room and the great presentation of very little complex models, and to saj for the book !
Anine

Post by Anine »

Hi,
It was a pleasure to meet everyone in Leicester, in particular Anna (origami_8), Gerwin (DayDreamer), Alex (formerly Imagiro), Dennis Walker (DenOri), Nick Robinson (Nick), David Brill, John McKeever (JMck), Mark Leonard (mleonard) ... and everyone else!
Saj
It was nice to meet you too :evil: (just teasing 8)
Best wishes,
Anine
saj

Post by saj »

Photos are up!

Leicester Convention Photos

Any comments welcome!

Saj
saj

Post by saj »

D'oh! I knew I forgot someone! I was a pleasure meeting you Anine :-)
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Really many shots! :lol: I am very sad, that I was not on convention. I had a problem with sponsor and one other thing: my (girl)friend married on saturday, so you understand, that I could not go to anywhere but only to her marriage... :wink: Nice - on museum stairs.
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
iAm4free

Very Nice Pictures

Post by iAm4free »

Hey Saj!! Awesome work with the pictures and I like your website!! :) God I wish I was close to England!! Miss the fun. I liked Edwin Corrie's Koala's Picture the best!!!
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

my (girl)friend married on saturday, so you understand, that I could not go to anywhere but only to her marriage...
Ummm.... if your girlfriend married .... shouldn't you be the one she marries? :roll:

Anyway, we had a really great time at the convention. Has been very nice to meet all of those who were there and hope to see you all again some day :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

Ummm.... if your girlfriend married .... shouldn't you be the one she marries?
that's one of the most confusing parts in english language :D
girlfriend can be your lassy, your beloved or just only a good (platonic) female friend. in german it's easy: there are female friends and matresses :D (please don't take this serious ;) I'm just kidding... maybe I should really get rid of those pills :shock: )
esato

Post by esato »

Isn´t 'female friend' 'Freundin' in German, which in turn also means 'girlfriend' (meaning female lover)?
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

my (girl)friend married on saturday, so you understand, that I could not go to anywhere but only to her marriage...

Ummm.... if your girlfriend married .... shouldn't you be the one she marries? :roll:
I do not know how to say in English... My friend married. But she is a woman and I feel to pinpoint that, because I do not know her (now) husband. :wink:
I am married for one year... already. #-o :lol: (I am just kiding, I am very happy.)
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
saj

Re: Very Nice Pictures

Post by saj »

iAm4Free wrote:Hey Saj!! Awesome work with the pictures and I like your website!! :) God I wish I was close to England!! Miss the fun. I liked Edwin Corrie's Koala's Picture the best!!!
Hi Nikhil, thank you for your kind comments regarding my website. Are you a member of Origami Mitra - I believe they hold exhibitions in India.

Diagrams for the Koala were published in the convention guide, let me just grab my copy to confirm ...

Saj
Last edited by saj on April 12th, 2006, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.