Jason Ku's Dollar Bill Crab (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Lucerne

Jason Ku's Dollar Bill Crab (CP)

Post by Lucerne »

:D! First post! I currently am having a problem with a [very simple... :oops: ] crease pattern. It is a crease pattern for a dollar bill crab. Frankly, I don't know how to determine how to divide it up the way the crease pattern does nor do I know how to actually make it into a crab after folding the creases. Perhaps I sound pretty stupid right now for asking about such a simple looking crease pattern. Oh well. A thanks in advance :].

Blong! You're a pickle.
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

sorry lucerne i am not able to help but http://www.spinflipper.com/origami/cp/simple.html might help to get u started (i might actually use this site to since i am also havin trouble with crease patterns

but did find that same crab

P.S. i really wish i could help
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

Lucerne, do you have a picture of the crab, folded ?
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

It looks as if the bill was divided in 6ths. So go and divide it in 3rds (usa the "S" method, you make and S until the ends match and then creases firmly).

From then on it seems simple to do the 1st, 4th, th and 6th division creases. The creases on divisions 2nd and 3rd seem easy to copy from adyacent divisions.

Hope that helps. Good luck
Lucerne

Post by Lucerne »

Why yes, I do have a picture of the final product.
Thanks for all the replies. :)

[On a side note, I ended up enlarging the crease pattern on the screen to fit that of a bill and folded it on the screen. Mainly because I'm a lazy bum.]
Blong! You're a pickle.
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

Ok I collapsed the CP and I got this :
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

that thing is freakin awesome
Brendan
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Alexandre, you should stop stealing pictures of models you have NOT folded from other sites to brag about it.... you obviously got the picture from http://loughmaker.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi ... gboard.cgi
(Note: that page doesn't allow direct linking, so you will have to copy & paste the link to go there)

Btw, the CP and explanations for the model you posted can be found on this site:
http://newgeneration.mukade.jp/MSM-07/MSM-07.html
Last edited by Daydreamer on May 7th, 2006, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

Daydreamer, the robot picture was just an obvious joke. If I would have posted the page where I found it ( http://loughmaker.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi ... gboard.cgi ) it would have killed the joke.
For the topic about superman I never said that I folded it, but yes I could or should have indicated that it was from Halle.
BTW how did you found the link to the CP of the robot ? I have not never seen it, and it does not seems to be linked from the board page. Thanks for the link !

To come back to the topic, I tried to collapse the CP of the crab, I can't get anything that looks like a crab... :cry:
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I generally disapprove of the usage of pictures from other sites without giving credits at least in the form of a link (even if it is meant as joke...). So it would also have been nice to state Jason Ku as the creator of this crab.

However, I would be really amazed if you managed to create a robot from the crab CP :wink:

The link above was posted on the board, a bit of basic Japanese knowledge helps to get a lot of info from there :-)
Gerwin
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Lucerne, I checked the CP and those stripes are actually not exactly sixths, but there is a very easy way to get them:
First fold the red line (diagonal).
Then fold the short edge to this red line to give you the blue line as angle bisector.
And from the end point of the blue line you get the vertical green line.

Repeat this for the remaining three smaller stripes to get all the horizontal lines and then you can fill in the remaining creases easily.
Gerwin
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

or (though u r not supposed to do this) u could print out the CP and do the creases that way
Brendan
thedeadsmellbad
Forum Sensei

Post by thedeadsmellbad »

Alexandre wrote:Ok I collapsed the CP and I got this
That guy must know this guy
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Actually, rokonacdc, printing a CP is what I do mostly when trying it for the first time, if I can't see how to get the reference points at first, so I don't really see a reason not to do it (for first attempts that is) :-)
Gerwin
Andre-4

Re: Jason Ku's Dollar Bill Crab (CP)

Post by Andre-4 »

There are no tutorials online and I'm not paying 30 dollars a month for membership ...I guess I'll have to keep practicing till I get it right....btw I found the book Dollar Origami that has Won Parks model