Greetings & a question on Bird of Prey

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
trav

Greetings & a question on Bird of Prey

Post by trav »

Hello all, I am relatively new to the hobby, & brand new to these forums. I have mostly been sticking to some basics, just to try to master some of the basic folds. I have been making alot of cranes, frogs, water bombs, waterlillies, & tulips with stems. I can't afford to buy any books, so I am relying 100% off of diagrams I find online to fold. I decided to take a break from the norm, & find a new intermediate type of model, that I could make from a traditional square. After some searching I found the Bird of Prey diagram at :

http://www.papierfalten.de/doc/diagrams/birdofprey.pdf

I was cruising along fine, until I got to step 13, & I couldnt get the swivel fold to come out as it should have. Retracing my steps, I can only assume that I somehow made an error in my pleating in step 3. I was wondering if someone could clarify how I should do this pleating. I think I am stuck in a rut on how it should come out, & I can't get out of this box to see how I should actually fold it.

I realize that this diagram is pretty basic, but if someone could show me the pleat in a different light, or take an end pic of the finished fold, I might be able to get past this.

Please help me!!!

Thanks so much!
trav

Post by trav »

No one can help with this??? NOOOOOO!!!!
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Hey there! well, all you do in step 13 is pull out one layer as far as it will go. The rest will follow, the swivel fold will follow. Also in step 3 the fold is a standard pleat, but you will end up with coloured side showing (since the diagrams are not coloured, until later). And that's it, Oh and I would advise you do not use a small piece of paper. I used 6 inch kami, and the layers were very thick, so I could not finish the model #-o oh well. As it says in the diagrams, use 21x21 or greater.

Me. If you would like to know my name....look at other posts of mine.
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
trav

Post by trav »

Thanks very much for the reply Anz!!! I appreciate the help. I revisted the folds I made, & I got pas tthe part that was holding me up, but with the number of folds on folds, the paper I was using was far to small. I will revisit this model when I have a thin square of paper the size of maybe a small house. :P
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

url is out of date cant access it
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

But you are lucky because google exists 8)
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

It also helps to use a bit of common sense sometimes and go back to the root of a webserver (in this case http://www.papierfalten.de/) and start looking from there and who knows.... you might just find the following link: http://www.papierfalten.de/documents/fa ... f_prey.pdf
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin