Roodborst

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Roodborst

Post by roodborst »

Hi there. I've been folding for about a year now. Started folding after playing a videogame where you could make a origami bird while waiting till the game loaded and I've been hooked since. I started searching for more and have eventually been growing to intermediate models and some complex ones, and I've tried designing my first few.

Here are all the models I made so far, at least those that were nice enough to take a picture from.
Hope you enjoy this gallery and maybe give some advice!

I'll start of with some models from other designers and end with a (very) few of my own designs.
Btw all models are from a single square no cuts and no glue.

There are more pictures of the same models on my flickr page, didn't want to spam my first post.

That's it for now. Took me three hours to upload pictures and copy paste the whole thing, haha. Now I'm gonna hope I did the 'add Pic' thing right, and someone actually takes a peek!

Please leave comment, suggestions and advice

EDIT: sept. 2012
I had to delete a bunch of older photo's on my flickr account so I could keep posting my new and better stuff.
Last edited by roodborst on September 10th, 2012, 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Re: Roodborst folds, models and designs

Post by roodborst »

Guess I didn't do the 'add pic' thing right. Is there a tutorial somewhere? I'm using flickr to upload my pictures.
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

strange. i do it like this [img]http://www.gabrielorigami.com/uploads/3 ... 938884.jpg[/img.]
the period is there to make sure it does not turn into the picture. i copy the image location and post it in between the [img]s the post it and it should be a picture.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

GWB origami and steve thanks for yourquick replies. I really thought I turned the bcc on. But the pictures show now so thanks alot!!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Re: Roodborst

Post by roodborst »

Hi there. I've been folding for about a year now. Started folding after playing a videogame where you could make a origami bird while waiting till the game loaded and I've been hooked since. I started searching for more and have eventually been growing to intermediate models and some complex ones, and I've tried designing my first few.

Here are all the models I made so far, at least those that were nice enough to take a picture from.
Hope you enjoy this gallery and maybe give some advice!

I'll start of with some models from other designers and end with a (very) few of my own designs.
Btw all models are from a single square no cuts and no glue.

There are more pictures of the same models on my flickr page, didn't want to spam my first post.

giraffe komatsu 3 by roodborst078, on Flickr

lion montroll 2 by roodborst078, on Flickr

monkey nicolas terry 3 by roodborst078, on Flickr

rhino montroll 3 by roodborst078, on Flickr

boar small 3 by roodborst078, on Flickr

01042012528 by roodborst078, on Flickr

fox roman diaz by roodborst078, on Flickr

bear 2 by roodborst078, on Flickr

wolf 1 by roodborst078, on Flickr

boar wrap 4 by roodborst078, on Flickr
Last edited by roodborst on October 30th, 2012, 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

WOW cool pictures :D
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

I was making a rhino by john montroll, when I had to leave to catch my train to go to work. I always keep a bunch of memoblock papers in my pocket, so I tried making the rhino in the train, but I could only remember the first 15 or so steps. The rest I figured outmyself, so guess this is a partially by myself designed rhino, I'll give credits to John Montroll for the way the horns and a part of the head are formed.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roodborst078/7091057077/][img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5442/7091 ... 945685.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roodborst078/7091057077/]origami rhino roodborst 2 rhinoceros[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/roodborst078/]roodborst078[/url], on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roodborst078/7091057069/][img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5325/7091 ... b48994.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roodborst078/7091057069/]origami rhino roodborst 1 rhinoceros[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/roodborst078/]roodborst078[/url], on Flickr
Last edited by roodborst on October 30th, 2012, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Edit: First I had to qoute myself in order for the pictures to show up, now I've changed everthing it look better
Last edited by roodborst on October 30th, 2012, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

that sucks :( and by the way nice rhino but the body is a bit thin :(
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

if you want i could take a message for john montroll for next time i see him.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

OrigamiGeek wrote:that sucks :( and by the way nice rhino but the body is a bit thin :(
I noticed that to. I lacks a belly now. I've been looking if I could find a flap inside the model to see if could make it more bulky but haven't figured it out.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

That would be great :D
GWB origami
Forum Sensei

Post by GWB origami »

i think not pushing in the back would help.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

GWB origami wrote:if you want i could take a message for john montroll for next time i see him.
Very cool that you can actually meet the man himself. After going true the diagrams, I've noticed that I used less from his model then I initially thought. Mostly steps 15 to 29. That's the way the horn is formed. That was the part I rememberd best because I hadn't seen it done before
That would be nice,. I really like his models. Not to easy but not to complicated, and they don't take like 5 hours to make them, while still looking good. I kinda loose patience with those and get sloppy with my creases. (I got a kamiya horse and divine boar, I haven't even taken a picture of, because of that same reason).
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

I've tried to make some changes to the rhino I posted earlier, but it's hard. I'm new to designing my own models, this rhino was actually my second decent model. I tried to make the flap that makes the head smaller, but then all precreases did't align. So I've no clue how to get it better. It still has no belly, the back gets higher instead. And the hindlegs get to long.

I did managed to make another model from the same base. Using some flaps that form the big horn to produce a wolfs head. here it is:

Any advice on how to change the proportions of my rhino would be appreciated. When I make a model, I just start folding and then see where it gets me. I don't start from a cp, I just start folding and hope for the best haha.
Last edited by roodborst on October 30th, 2012, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.