Tigre Alado by J Anibal Voyer, Help?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Son0fHobs

Tigre Alado by J Anibal Voyer, Help?

Post by Son0fHobs »

Hey,
I'm working on the Tigre Alado by J Anibal Voyer, and I can't seem to Step 31/32. When I fold step 30, I can't figure out how to make the model lay flat. Step 38 has that big wing section made with a curved line, rather than a straight one which makes me think the model is not flat. However, it's quite difficult to do steps 32-37 when it's popped up.

Is there an origami symbol for when the model does not lay flat, or do most designers note it?

Step 31, there's a sink, and I'm not sure whether or not to use the crease just made by step 29 or not. If I was, the mountain and valley creases on step 31 would theoretically be touching, but they're not in the diagram. Thanks for your help!

here's the diagram: http://www.pajarita.org/aep/nacionales/ ... -voyer.pdf
floopate

Post by floopate »

Hello!

I tried that diagram out just now and here is my input for your questions. i hope they arent too vague... this is my first post here. hehe!

Step 30 is somewhat akin to a stretched bird base. There are parts of the paper inside the base that you need to kinda fold out and flatten into triangles. it forms right under the folded triangle on the top of the base that you folded on step 29. The model should lie flat after folding step 30

I havent seen an origami symbol that illustrates whether a model lies flat or not. the most i've seen is the shading on the model differs if it is flat or not. Usually the diagram will state (in words) that the model does not lie flat.

The sink, or a spread more of... is not done with the crease you made in step 29. You should make a new crease about half way. which means you bring the point down to where the crease is that you made in step 29. (in other words it is 1/4th the original triangle, or half of the crease that you made in step 29).

I found it easier to precrease the horizontal fold in step 31 then fold the 4 diagonals then tease the paper into spreading.

i hope this helps!

Just reply here if your still having difficulties.

:D

-gino s- :shock:
Son0fHobs

Thank you!

Post by Son0fHobs »

Thank you! That helped a lot. I kept working at it and playing with the paper, and finally figured it out. I really, really wish some pre-folds were done in the diagram, because step 29 didn't work unless I made several new creases (none of which came very easily or naturally). I think step 30 shouldn't be too hard with your advise, and now that I have the paper flat.

Thank you once again, I really appreciate your help!
floopate

Post by floopate »

anytime. :D i did notice the lack of precreasing in that diagram. and the final step to the final model lacks some shaping folds. so it would be best if you play around with the various shaping folds at the end to produce a model to your liking.

It was a fun model to fold though, thank you for showing it to me here.

happy folding!
-Gino S-

My Photo Albums http://floopate.multiply.com
Arrowsmith2

Re: Tigre Alado by J Anibal Voyer, Help?

Post by Arrowsmith2 »

yeah i can't get past step 10-12 .... idk why i just can't i feel like a noob -_-
Orsos

Re: Tigre Alado by J Anibal Voyer, Help?

Post by Orsos »

Hi there, I have been trying this particular diagram myself but got stuck on 21, so if you get there please come back.

As for step 10, it is really important to have pre-folded the mountain folds in the diagram and look hard at what step 11 looks like.
Step 11 is a bit harder, as multiple actions are done at once, basicallly flatten the top and fold the sides inwards.
At step 12 also fold the sides inwards

really hope it helps, good luck!