Satoshi Kamiya - Wizard

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Re: Satoshi Kamiya - Wizard

Post by redheadorigami »

bethnor wrote:no.
Is tant too thick?
Ps. Mods: please dont remove this!
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

well, to be honest, you can probably fudge quite a bit of the wizard by wet-folding and using clips to flatten/hold things in place. however, even with really thin paper, the staff gets really thick and mathematically it is almost impossible to wrap the fingers around it.
Menschenfeind

Post by Menschenfeind »

bethnor wrote:well, to be honest, you can probably fudge quite a bit of the wizard by wet-folding and using clips to flatten/hold things in place. however, even with really thin paper, the staff gets really thick and mathematically it is almost impossible to wrap the fingers around it.
I made the wizard once with thin paper and it wasn't able to stand up (the staff was fine though)
rwzheng1997

Post by rwzheng1997 »

Can someone help me on step 91? I unloosed the paper that was stuck in the triangle looking thing, but it still looks nothing like the picture of step 92.
rwzheng1997

Post by rwzheng1997 »

nevermind I got it.
Mikisu

Post by Mikisu »

Hi Everybody!
I have started folding the Wizard yesterday but today I also got stuck at the hands. By googling for help I got to this forum and found the post from Friet. It would be very helpful if I could download the rapidshare file. But I'm currently in China and rapidshare is blocked here. Could someone please upload it to another sharing site which is not blocked in China or e-mail me the pictures? I would be very thankful for it! :roll:
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I used Tant for my first fold of the model, and I didn't have any trouble whatsoever. Sure the staff is insanely thick, but hunks of wood aren't exactly narrow. :wink:
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Mikisu

Post by Mikisu »

I got the hands :) This is the result of my first attempt. I am really pleased with the face. I used a 50x50 double tissue foil paper

rwzheng1997

Post by rwzheng1997 »

aish, I used bond paper, because its really cheap, and in the end I had the 3 parts. A staff with part of an arm. The body, and the head with its arm. Not really a wizard anymore :P

The message: bond paper is too thick and weak. >:O
IPutTheFunInFuneral

Post by IPutTheFunInFuneral »

Sorry to awaken a sleeping thread, but I'm having trouble with steps 105-108, and no, it's not because I'm missing pages 188-189 :P. Do you push the grey area inside the layers like a sink, or do you reverse forld it behind during the crimp? Thanks in advance for any help :D.
folding paper

Post by folding paper »

If your missing page 188-190, then how do you Know step 105? :-k
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

They mean that they're not missing the pages. It could have been worded better, though.

To answer your question:
105 is just spreading out the pleats out so they form a single edge. Because of the restrictions of the paper, it won't lie flat like 106 shows.
There's no crimp. What you're basically doing is pushing in the gray square and following the crease lines--they should be the same on both sides. Then you just pinch the edges together (the ones along the arm) and flatten like in 108.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
IPutTheFunInFuneral

Post by IPutTheFunInFuneral »

Thank you! I've done it now!
easysid

Post by easysid »

Hi, I am having problem in steps 129 onwards. I made it past the fingers, thanx to previous posts, but my model doesn't flatten in step 133

This is Step 29 and the creases. Red are mountain. There's some issue with the crease at the bottom, I am not sure of the references.

Then as I work forward, the model doesn't flatten as the layer folded in step 130 doesn't stick to the back. Like this :

Thank you.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

take a new sheet and fold from the start:easysid