OrigamiHouse Next Publication List

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

OrigamiHouse Next Publication List

Post by Fluffy »

Hi
About time someone makes one of these

EDIT: April 3, 2013 (List change)

This is a list for the next publications for OrigamiHouse:

10: Komatsu (now done)
11: Kamiya (now done)
12:Chan
13:Takashi

------

If anyone has anything to add, then go ahead and post it. It would be nice if a moderator put a sticky on this. Thank you

Jake

EDIT: I posted this because OrigamiHouse has started publishing more now
Last edited by Fluffy on June 23rd, 2013, 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My flickr page ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeorigami/
My gallery ~ http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11485
Feel free to leave comments or constructive critisicm. Thanks! :)
Froy

Re: OrigamiHouse Next Publication List

Post by Froy »

Brian Chan book: Were the rumors of the book being canceled true or not?
Pobody's nerfect.

My Flickr
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

sticky'd.
I have heard nothing about Chan's book being canceled, although I tried contacting him and OH about it, and got no response from either. I really hope it wasn't, that was probably one of the most anticipated books in the origami world; aside from Satoshi's and Shuki's, of course.

Lets not let this become another Chan book discussion topic, please...
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

gonna be the party pooper, as usual. in all honesty, this will likely be the slowest growing thread on this board. the publications are too erratic to be predictable vs nicolas terry, who has consistently put out one book per year. a very real problem is that much of the up and coming talent have either gone silent/retired, or are not publishing diagrams, so it's hard to see how any one of them could fill up a book. it's also worth remembering that both books that came out this year could probably have been published years ago, and the third was a matter of unfortunate circumstance (joisel's death).
rdrutel

Post by rdrutel »

I sent an email 2 months ago to Brian Chan regarding his herd boy playing flute on water buffalo model and wondering if anything on it would be in the book.
I have not heard back. With that said, I would love to see either Chan or Takashi publish books.
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

I have asked Chan about the book as well, with no response. I think he is probably busy working on it, as he hasn't been posting anything origami related for a while.
LayersofPaper

Post by LayersofPaper »

i'd rather see takashi's book than chan's. also that's pretty lame that he ignores emails from fans, busy or not. =D>
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Brian Chan doesn't ignore emails. No doubt he reads them. But likely he doesn't have enough time to answer every email questioning availability of diagrams or crease patterns for x model.

And lalalala, the first and only email I sent him got answered. ;D
rdrutel

Post by rdrutel »

Yes this is true. I sent him an email one other time and he did respond, but I think anything book or origami related may be ignored due to volume and redundancy . I think the facebook page got deleted too. Even a topic on this forum that he would update every so often may cause too much commotion. I know it is tough, I have been waiting for the kraken attack just as much as the komatsu lion before it came out, but just have to be patient.
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

A book by Brian chan would be pretty awesome! A collection of diagrams, cp's...
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
Creasepatternmaker

Post by Creasepatternmaker »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the goliath beetle. :mrgreen:
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

Post by Fluffy »

cowburger13 wrote:I have asked Chan about the book as well, with no response. I think he is probably busy working on it, as he hasn't been posting anything origami related for a while.
LayersofPaper wrote:i'd rather see takashi's book than chan's. also that's pretty lame that he ignores emails from fans, busy or not. =D>
Razzmatazz wrote:Brian Chan doesn't ignore emails. No doubt he reads them. But likely he doesn't have enough time to answer every email questioning availability of diagrams or crease patterns for x model.

And lalalala, the first and only email I sent him got answered. ;D
rdrutel wrote:Yes this is true. I sent him an email one other time and he did respond, but I think anything book or origami related may be ignored due to volume and redundancy . I think the facebook page got deleted too. Even a topic on this forum that he would update every so often may cause too much commotion. I know it is tough, I have been waiting for the kraken attack just as much as the komatsu lion before it came out, but just have to be patient.
rdrutel wrote:Yes this is true. I sent him an email one other time and he did respond, but I think anything book or origami related may be ignored due to volume and redundancy . I think the facebook page got deleted too. Even a topic on this forum that he would update every so often may cause too much commotion. I know it is tough, I have been waiting for the kraken attack just as much as the komatsu lion before it came out, but just have to be patient.
Benlewisorigami wrote:A book by Brian chan would be pretty awesome! A collection of diagrams, cp's...
Creasepatternmaker wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the goliath beetle. :mrgreen:
rdrutel wrote:I sent an email 2 months ago to Brian Chan regarding his herd boy playing flute on water buffalo model and wondering if anything on it would be in the book.
I have not heard back. With that said, I would love to see either Chan or Takashi publish books.
PLEASE don't make this a Chan discussion.
easysid

Post by easysid »

LayersofPaper wrote:i'd rather see takashi's book than chan's.
Me too. I really want to fold his human figures, but I just cannot fold from CPs. It'd be nice to have diagrams. :)
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

World of Super Complex Origami, in English :D I want that sooooooooo bad
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

Post by Fluffy »

Benlewisorigami wrote:World of Super Complex Origami, in English :D I want that sooooooooo bad
So would I, but it isn't published by Origamihouse.