Question about Vietnam's Origami... (please help, need ASAP)

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
origami

Question about Vietnam's Origami... (please help, need ASAP)

Post by origami »

I want to know when did Origami come to Vietnam, and how?
If anyone know about this (or have documents about this matter, please post them here)...
Thank you all...
stuckie27

Post by stuckie27 »

First off I would like to say I like you name "origami"

And to answer you question, it is very hard to track origami, its not like sombody will claim to have ever been the first to fold paper. A likely thing to look for is the first book published on origami in Vietnamese (Sp?).
caysao1

Post by caysao1 »

1988, when i am 3 year old, my mom fold for me a deer: 2 pieces connect together, seem like the one of the old master who recently die...and now i still wouldn't fold as good as her, somehow my deer look really bad.
and one horse, seem not from the master work,an older guy in the neighbor make for me, that is when i knew origami.

i knew that the origami came to vietnam before that because i saw in the our library an origami book (i think original copy with translation) which is really old and hold together by duck tape (only 75 cents), (vietnamese book do not have time and author on it)...around 1945, we under control of Japan (WWII)

around 2002 when internet could be assessed easily in vietnam, i took every hour each day to reach for free diagram (however, good one requires money)...at the same time my english, spanish, no japanese is improved...quite a nice thing to know about origami.

i don't think we have any document about that becuase nobody care ... when i fold, they told me crazy, when i done they praise...our country is poor so something about art that doesn't help to make money will be rejected easily
Hiba

Post by Hiba »

Hello Caysao

I myself partly Vietnamese. I have organized a so called VOG (Vietnam Origami Group)
Here is the portal http://www.vog.1l.com and here is VOG's Gallery
http://www.origami.or.funpic.org/gallery

Enjoy
Martial and Arts
caysao1

Post by caysao1 »

i am curious about the other part of your blood, hiba

vog is an amazing group to what i see so far, there isn't anything "so called" about it, it is just that vog pops up so sudden since the rest of the world has encouraged this art long time ago. people obviously will raise question
kiminha-vog

Post by kiminha-vog »

...........COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by kiminha-vog on January 31st, 2011, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caysao1

Post by caysao1 »

hi kiminha,

i need your help on the phoenix 3.0; can you post me the picture of the back of your model and tell me how did you divide the paper? because when i do as the site folders.jp said, you know 2 square root of 2 and blabalbal I got some problems. reply me soon my friend!

the site vog is live and dead and live and dead, it is to hard for me to fix any thing now
kiminha-vog

Post by kiminha-vog »

i need your help on the phoenix 3.0
hi ....phoenix 3.0 is so easy.... :roll: .I think you can fold it, if you can't,you can ask Origaminisme.
Last edited by kiminha-vog on January 31st, 2011, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedeadsmellbad
Forum Sensei

Post by thedeadsmellbad »

VOG website is now here Vietnam Origami Group Forum
acxneo

Post by acxneo »

VOG index: http://origami.or.funpic.org
or shortcut: http://www.vogvn.vze.com

you can go to our gallery or forum from this site.