Sunburst

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Re: Sunburst

Post by Mir Numaan »

super awesome model !! You shoud publish a cp for this model at any cost!! Its so real!!! keep up the work ! :)
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

That is super!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thank you all!

Dryad gen.2
56x80 boxpleat. The previous version was successful, but some details bothered me, such as the lack of color change and the hair. The transition between the head and the hair root wasn't great and the enormous quantity of individual leaves forming the hair was tedious to fold. These are all aspects I've solved with this version. I also added many details like branches at her back, which results in a very complex CP. Unfortunately, this dryad is not very photogenic...

Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Tengu yamabushi gen.2
I was always unsatisfied by my interpretation of this subject with my first version. It's not the case anymore. The structure follows my angel. Some details I am proud of are the wings, the nose much better shaped, the tiny hat and the sleeves which were basically improvisation. Unfortunately, I couldn't add the iconic tengu fan to obtain this present version.

Fairy gen.2
64x56 boxpleat. Another model using my angel structure. My goal was to add her huge butterfly wings with color chanegs. The color changes were pretty limited because of the model's structure, but I think I still managed to do it well.

Aaaand that's all for this year. Thanks, everyone, for your comments and stay tuned for future 2014 posts!
Edg

Post by Edg »

Really amazing!
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Post by origamipete »

amazing designs!
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

It wasn't until now that I've seen these models, and I have to say... I've been missing out all this time. Your human models are especially great, love the way you do the faces! Please please please post more crease patterns, or write a book; I would buy it immediately.

By the way, I think you'd like to know that there is actually a software that can use your "cylinder technique" to generate crease patterns: it's called Ori revo, I think you would like using it.

Seriously good work, you're inspiring me to keep trying!
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

Re:sunburnt
What an original gallery and fun models that include the ugly side of life...that is great..I only came to this thread for the vampire and got entertained..I really think you should figure out how to do Frankenstein ...who is really just a very boxy large character with a huge forehead that's misshapen or got bolts in ...I think the mummy is a challenge even for someone as original and accomplished as you
..if also like to thank you for sharing the c.p...I love c.ps that have around 50 box grids...very few on here tackle them prefering to play safe in the 30 some things
It has the correct lines in it and the c.p looks like a young lady from the 18th century with ringlets in her hairdo....lol
Is there any photo tutorial help with any of your subjects???because I'm a novice and don't know my mountains from valley's when in monochrone