jason ku nazgul 8.1 diagrams

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Orikami

Re: jason ku nazgul 8.1 diagrams

Post by Orikami »

Step 25~26 quite annoying... Any pics or video of that step ? Thanks.
Reality is perception.

My Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/aragaofalcao
franz

Post by franz »

step 26 just shows the "crease pattern" to get from step 25 to 27. what I have done is as follows: (for pure origamists: please stop reading now ;-)

I opened the model a little bit (not the whole model, just the part needed). you do have reference points given, the black and the white ones. using this points you can create all necessary creases - I used a ruler to create them at first, then I folded them (either valley or mountain). afterwards you collapse them, using the created folds.

also look at page 3 of this topic; someone already had the same difficulties.
franz
Orikami

Post by Orikami »

Thanks for the fast reply, yeah there are references... Its quite hard to be precise on this one i think, gotta really use the ruler =p
Reality is perception.

My Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/aragaofalcao
Guenwyvar

Post by Guenwyvar »

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum, and it's very helpful.
I need a bit of help with step 30 of the nazgul 8.1 model. That open spread fold doesn't make sense somehow. can anyone help with pics of the process?
franz

Post by franz »

welcome to the forum.

I´ve folded this model some time ago - and it would be some kind of exhausting to fold this model up to step 30 to make some pics - but I hope I can help you nevertheless.

at this step you have to take care of the corner the white arrow shows to. first concentrate at the valley fold (starting in the white triangle): this fold is definitely clear, since you do have the points where the fold starts and ends. the mountain fold is also clear - note, that this mountain fold will become the new edge shown in 31. the second valley fold shown (you do have one starting point in the "middle" of the model) will result out of the two first folds. note that the "new edge" is parallel (or perpendicular, depending on your view) to the edges of the model. the corner where the white arrow shows to will move to the middle and become the point in picture 31, where all the creases start from. for example: in step 30 you see the grey crease starting from the corner the arrow shows to. you see this crease (a part of it) also in picture 31: it starts from the middle point upwards to the left.
franz
Guenwyvar

Post by Guenwyvar »

Thanks Franz. I'll give it another try soon.
So many models to fold... So little time...
franz

Post by franz »

welcome - well: and of course there will be some "new edges" on the right, since you move the corner to the middle; but they will result automatically.
franz
Guenwyvar

Post by Guenwyvar »

Well, nailed that step. Thanks Franz.
Now I need the patience to go over steps 8-40 for the left side...
if life only had a copy paste widget :)
BlueFireOrigami

Post by BlueFireOrigami »

Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble with step 50. I can pull the point down but then it doesn't look like step 51. I don't want to keep trying to pull it becuase the paper will become weak and creased so can someone please help?

Blue
For free internet diagrams for Satoshi Kamiya's Ancient Dragon,
click the link: http://goo.gl/Y8SxM
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

orislater wrote:ummm maybe? i folded some nazgul from weird diagrams in russian with lots of mistakes... idk if its jason kus but it looks like it.
Andrey Ermakov is credited for diagrams in the compilation HIP origami...It is not the same as Jason Ku's.but closer to the 7.3..
There's another c.p in there that's different from Jason Ku who's c.ps you recognised because he used the same based..
I don't know how copyright works because they don't own the name...Some Origami societies have accept a copy because they put more variations and it's a vast improvement on the blueprint...