LaFosse Turtles, Toucans and Squirrels Query

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Wordgames

LaFosse Turtles, Toucans and Squirrels Query

Post by Wordgames »

I was considering buying the LaFosse volume Advanced Origami but I talked myself out of it since it seems that the book is entirely focused on wet folded models, which is not somthing that interests me.

My question is do the models in this book look good without wetfolding? If anyone has for example a photo of a non-wetfold lafosse turtle or squirrel I'd love to see it.
thut

Post by thut »

you could probably get a similar result with tissue foil, maybe not as neat though...
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

Thats something else I dont play about with, if the shops start selling it I'll probably buy some but until then I'll stick to normal pretty coloured paper... sounds like this isn't the book for me then.
polop

Post by polop »

I enjoy this book allot and the models do look good without wet folding. but if you dont wet fold you are likely to need a spot of glue to hold things together like the pleat that makes the turtles shell domed
metrodj

Post by metrodj »

The squirrel, the hummingbird, the cardinal and the butterfly look great folded from regular origami paper, but like a lot of origami, they look better when wetfolded.

My personal opinion is that this is one of those books that should be in everyone's library.

metrodj
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

I bought that book the other day an I can tell you, many models look ok with regular folding, especially the squirrel (one of my favorite models ever) but as metrodj said they'd looked better wetfolded.