Help with Satoshi's Jackalope

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Cupcake
Buddha

Help with Satoshi's Jackalope

Post by Cupcake »

Hello Everybody :D
I was just wondering if there were any reference points for the lines, shown below in red:

[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/ ... /help2.gif[/img]

I will be grateful if you could help me.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Can't you find those points with the light gray lines in the top left corner? I think that is what those lines are for...
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

No, those lines are for the for the triangles right in the corner
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

he show 1 time just make base, then sink (for horn) not in the pattarn. But then rabit I cannot make it
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Ok, I think I collapsed the base correct Link

But I cannot figure the distribution of the flaps needed..... It seems the head is on the oppisite side of where it needs to be. Everything is also somewhat disorganised....I could probably make something out of it, but it would not be like Satoshi's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
Max

Post by Max »

Hi all, while searching for help how to fold Satoshi's Jackalope i digged out this thread ;)

I finally managed to get a model looking very similar to the Jackalope.
I still got some Problems forcing the antlers behind the face, and forming the hind legs and the tail turned out to be dificult.

Jared helped me a lot with telling me what points of the CP will become head, antlers etc. of the final model.

I post his PM here. Perhaps it helps someone who finds this thread with the Search Button :-)
Yeah, I've folded Kamiya's Jackalope. I'll try to help.

This is a pretty easy CP to decipher, though a little strange to fold. It's basically a blintzed bird base. The bottom half is exactly what you would get if you made a blintz bird base. The top is like a stretched/spread-sunk bird base, with the tips opened out to to form the antlers. Most of the reference points points are pretty obvious (It's a blintz bird base, remember) and for the antlers, there are light grey lines to show where to fold.

As I recall: The top corners are the antlers, the middle of the top edge is the head, the center of the CP is the tail and hind legs, the middle of the bottom edge is the neck, the middle of the sides are the ears, and the bottom corners are the arms. Those last two might be switched, but I think that's right.

Hope that helps!

--Jared
Well, here is my "Jackalope":

Compared to Satoshi's:

Thanks for your help, Jared!
Max
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Very good work Max, your Jackalope looks cute.
Maybe it would be easier to bring the parts you mentioned in the desired positions if you would fold it with foilpaper, like Satoshi Kamiya did in this photo above.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Glad I could help, Max.

Note: If you switch the head and neck flaps, you can form defined hind legs, but the antlers come out backwards.
Max

Post by Max »

Here he comes again, Mr. foiled Jackalope!
Enough Jackalopes for now *g*