Satoshi Kamiya - Wizard

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
sophistic4ted

Re: Satoshi Kamiya - Wizard

Post by sophistic4ted »

Hello, I need help with step 91.
I don't know if I didn't mess something up , My model looks different than the picture in book.
I mean , The pleated part of the model form a little triangle ( and in the picture there's no triangle).
I'll provide photos if anyone will write back.
BlueFireOrigami

Post by BlueFireOrigami »

Hi,

This step isn't too complicated. Just grab the part with the pleats and pull it so it's a right angle. If this isn't any help, post some pictures so I can help from there.

Blue
For free internet diagrams for Satoshi Kamiya's Ancient Dragon,
click the link: http://goo.gl/Y8SxM
EM origami

Post by EM origami »

Well, the diagrams are in "The Works of Satoshi Kamiya" :)
- EM origami
ginshun

Post by ginshun »

He might have the legit diagrams, might not. Step 91 is in the pirated set.
Steps 104-128 are the missing ones, that's why so many people have trouble with the fingers.

And for the record,while not identical, the fingers on the Wizard are basically the same as on the Ancient Dragon. The main difference is because of the the way the paper is arranged before you start, you pull the paper apart one finger at a time on the dragon, and all five at the same time on the Wizard. Steps 200 and 105 are virtually the same thing though. I thought the Ancient Dragon ones were actually easier though. Not sure if it was the way the paper was arranged, or just because I had already done the wizard, before I did the dragon. Honestly, the whole Ancient Dragon was easier I thought. It just needs really big paper to turn out good and is a very long sequence.
sophistic4ted

Post by sophistic4ted »

Hey,
Sorry for not answering for a long time , I had an important exam back then and I totally forgot about the model.
Here are the pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/GeNcUHSl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FoNZuqOl.jpg
As you can see, my model doesn't look like the picture in the book.
ginshun

Post by ginshun »

I can't remember for sure, but that looks right to me. Can you just pull the big point away and shift some layers around?
sophistic4ted

Post by sophistic4ted »

Ye,It's possible but I have to almost unfold the whole part and it doesn't feel...right .
Smashfold

Post by Smashfold »

Can anyone help me navigate the crease pattern? (CP is here)

I am trying to design someone carrying a spear. I can do it from a rectangle, with an almighty box-pleat, but I'd rather do a square if I can, so I am studying how other folders have achieved it.

My guess is that the clean triangles in the upper left-hand corner are the actual robe; the pleats on the left and top are the arms, with the zig-zag being the fingers. So the staff is probably the diagonal lines in the lower right-hand corner.

Is this correct?
Origasm

Post by Origasm »

I am stuck on atep 112. Hand part.
What to do? :-)
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Smashfold wrote:Can anyone help me navigate the crease pattern? (CP is here)

I am trying to design someone carrying a spear. I can do it from a rectangle, with an almighty box-pleat, but I'd rather do a square if I can, so I am studying how other folders have achieved it.

My guess is that the clean triangles in the upper left-hand corner are the actual robe; the pleats on the left and top are the arms, with the zig-zag being the fingers. So the staff is probably the diagonal lines in the lower right-hand corner.

Is this correct?
Close. You're right about the arm placement, but the staff is the upper right (the top is actually toward the middle of the edge). The upper left is the hat, and the lower edge forms the robe.
It can be tricky to read asymmetric CPs though. But I've folded this model, albeit once when I wasn't very skilled.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Noided

Post by Noided »

Origasm wrote:I am stuck on atep 112. Hand part.
What to do? :-)
Which step would this correspond to in the Tanteidan diagrams? If you're stuck where I think you are (I had trouble around this part too), the edge of the hand is just pleated, and the centre of the paper is sunk in as you valley fold the flap across, keeping your folds along the reference creases. Where the fingers meet the sink, you crimp each pleat upwards. It doesn't really sink in cleanly without sharp reference creases, or otherwise you'll just end up scrunching the paper up and the hand won't sit right. The steps before that, it's simply re-arranging the pleats of the hand by pulling out the topmost layer and reversing it back in.