Marc Kirschenbaum - Fluffy the Teddy Bear

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Shotokan_Karate

Marc Kirschenbaum - Fluffy the Teddy Bear

Post by Shotokan_Karate »

Hi all!

I'm stuck :cry: !

Here's the diagram:

http://dev.origami.com/images_pdf/flufall.pdf

This is a complex one for me but I am determined to finish it. Has anyone made this model before? or planning to?

For now :) I'm stuck on step 39 where it says: "Pull out single layer from
underneath". But there's no single layer underneath! and if I try to pull something "underneath" the whole thing comes apart!

What am I doing wrong?
saj

Post by saj »

Hi there,

Yes, I have folded this model quite a few times, but I always think that the eye formation is hardest to do!

In step 39, you need to pull on the flap until it 'pops' out. Once you flatten it, it shoukd look like step 40. Essentially half of a fish base. I think that the layers will arrange themselves quite nicely during this manouver (sp?).

Hope that explains it!

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

the top flap of the long topmost VERTICAL triangle runs top side underneath the little horizontal triangle. if you start pulling out that top flap, you will reverse the horizontal mountain fold (of the little triangle) to a valley fold and reverse the paper starting from this point.
hard to explain these things with words.

Christian
gilad_zn

Post by gilad_zn »

Hope you succeed, it's one of my favorite models.
I'll just add a little tip about pulling out layers and color changes. I think the key to them (as to most complex folds) is to not be afraid to "unfold". For example, when you want to (open) sink something, you open the model a bit. The same thing with color changes - if everything "comes apart", well, it's really a bad thing. Just "trust in the paper" that it remembers where it was, make the necessary changes, and let it collapse again.
Cheers!
Gilad Naor
https://blog.giladnaor.com
gilad_zn

Post by gilad_zn »

if everything "comes apart", well, it's really a bad thing.
Sorry, that should have been:
if everything "comes apart", well, it's NOT really a bad thing.[/b]
Cheers!
Gilad Naor
https://blog.giladnaor.com
jasmine

Post by jasmine »

hi i'm new here.:)

i start fold that bear too. but come to part 31-35. i try many time but still cant pull to the right side like the picture show....

Please help....
thank you in advance.
franz

Post by franz »

jasmine wrote:hi i'm new here.:)
hi jasmine,

i´m definitely new in this forum - by the way: hello to everybody! great forum! - but since the fluffy is one of my favorite models, i´ll try helping you:

simply forget the "complicated" "combined" folds of step 31 - i´ve got also stuck at this point for some time. the easiest way to fold this is:

) fold the upper flap to the right, similar to step 27. forget in the meanwhile flap A
) then valley fold the flap, that you have folded to the right, in half, so that it looks like in step 32. start folding in half at the tip, moving to the center
) you will see that the flap A will automatically move to the right = swing over.
) you will have to flatten and arrange the paper a little bit and also the gusset will form automatically

but do not ask me how to perform step 55 (i solve this with open sinks) and step 63 (the best way to describe it in one word would result in "impossible" ...) :D

i hope this helps a little bit.

franz
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

hello Franz, good to see you at the forum [img]http://www.freewebdesign.be/smileys/ima ... r/wave.gif[/img]
bozozaclown

Post by bozozaclown »

im stuck on step 13, and later on step 19. any help???
franz

Post by franz »

step 13:
just concentrate on the valley fold that starts from the middle to the left. valley fold in half as shown with the arrow. (just try to forget the mountain folds and the valley fold down to the right; these are results of the squash.) automatically the layer below will move upwards ... so that you have to squash it. the easiest way is, to press one finger on the tip of the triangle (shown in diagram 14) and pull the layer down ... the squashed triangle will be formed automatically.

step 19:
i perform it this way: lift up the upper layer. then valley fold the now visible right corner and the left corner down to the middle. then you can fold the upper layer on existing creases to the right, as shown in diagram 20.

franz
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

There is no flap underneath its more a case of pulling only the top layer out while leaving everything else in place, while this isnt much help looking at step 40 at least tells you what it should look like when its done... definately one of those eureka moments... this method is used a lot in langs insect origami but that probably isnt much help (looking for a easier model which also features this fold now).
franz

Post by franz »

since i`m obviously not the best one in explaining, i will put some pictures on flickr (i´ll have to try at first, how it works; maybe it will take a little time). i intend to show steps 13, 19 and 31 (for jasmine).

step 54 of the elephant in "origami sculptures" is similar to step 19.

franz
franz

Post by franz »

as promised the pics:

step 13:

step 19:

... and fold to the right - finished.

step 31:

valley fold in half, starting at the tip, folding to the center; Image

i hope the pics help you - if not: cry out for help :wink: .
you can find two of my fluffies in the topic "what have you folded lately".

franz
mydp

I'm new and I'm feeling dumb

Post by mydp »

:? I've been trying to figure this out on my own for awhile and I just can't get past step 10 I can fold up to step 10 fine but have been stuck on step 10 and I can't seem to figure it out. I might be messing up on step 9 but it doesn't seem to be the case. I was wondering of there is a video or picture out there that could help me. Or if someone could help me with the instructions more that would be great. I see that everyone else is getting stuck on step 30 and above, me not so much. I just can't get my model to match up with the final fold on steps 10 to 11.
unknownfolder

Post by unknownfolder »

Take the point on the flap you have just created and fold it to the farthest point on the right while folding down the indicated line in the diagram.

I hope that helps. I just folded this model.
Whenever I do complex Origami I get this sinking feeling.