Tetsuya gotani Lion

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
jon_snow66

Tetsuya gotani Lion

Post by jon_snow66 »

I've tried to fold past step twelve on the tetsuya gotani lion diagram, without youtube assistance, and failed. I've watched two youtube instructions that fold the same at step twelve, but look different than the picture diagram. Please help. Why are picture diagrams difficult for me, are ones for you, is it normal? Do you have advice on what i can do to improve my diagram folding skills?

Thank you for help, and yes, i know nothing,
jon snow

ps. diagram: http://how-to-origami.com/origami-lion-2.html
Baltorigamist

Re: Tetsuya gotani Lion

Post by Baltorigamist »

First off, it might help to show a picture of what you have so we can see what you might be doing wrong.

Luckily, this is a pretty simple maneuver once you know what you're doing.
All you have to do is unfold steps 7-11, then unfold step 4 while leaving most of 1-3 and 5-6 in place. Then collapse the bottom corner much like you would a standard bird base.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Ahaq

Re: Tetsuya gotani Lion

Post by Ahaq »

Want to bump this, I have passed step 12 as per OP but stuck on steps 18 to 20. Fold 19 in particular really is eluding me here :?

My model looks like step 18 but no idea how to move on from here. first time n the forums so unsure how to link a picture

Help!!! my deadline to make this is by 31/08/19 as I would like to give this to a friend to wish them luck haha.