How to draw a diagram?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
ronash

How to draw a diagram?

Post by ronash »

Hey,

I heard that there is a software that makes diagrams. What is the name of the software?
eric_son

Post by eric_son »

is this the one?

viewtopic.php?t=1587
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

There is a Program by Tung Ken Lam called "Origami Simulator and Diagrammer", where you have a square sheet of paper and can fold it on the screen. I haven´t found it very useful and I don´t think that it is possible to draw more complex models with it, but maybe I was only to lazy to read the manual including all the shortcuts...
I would have give you a link where to download it, but all the links written down in my copy of this program doesn´t work, so I don´t know where to get it.
I also have a program installed with the name OriDraw, but once again I was too lazy to read the manual and you can´t do anything there without reading it...

In my opinion the best way to make Diagrams is either to use Makromedia Freehand or draw them per hand and forget those improved Diagram Drawing things. Further information about how to draw good diagrams can be found in several other topics on this board, just use the search-function to find them.
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Boss of Czech origami society draw diagrams by program Xara.
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Take your pick. Popular ones are Freehand and Corel Draw. Treemaker, from Robert Lang's website is useful for crease patterns.

Personally, if I'm putting diagrams up on the web, I draw them, and then scan them. Hand drawn diagrams seem less likely to be pinched and stuck up on other peoples website or sold on ebay.
I once set up an origami PLC. But the business folded.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Here is the Link to Origami Simulator.

Oridraw

Xara
Hope those help.
Google can help find many links.....
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos