african elephant robert lang.

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
agedgent76plus

african elephant robert lang.

Post by agedgent76plus »

I am having trouble with the squash fold on page 720 diagram 22-23 African elephant,origami design secrets.and the paper is nearing its end.thank you. agedgent76plus
nornberg

Re: african elephant robert lang.

Post by nornberg »

Hi! After trying to explain in words, I gave up and made a video showing just this step.

https://youtu.be/pKF9BsYAXbU

It's a small piece of paper and the folds are not precise. And the process seems easier than it really is, because in the video I'm redoing the folds (the paper almost refolds itself).

The important bits are:
A) make sure the previous steps are correct;
B) to put your finger inside, to push up and help to make the top horizontal crease;
C) to make the diagonal folds in each side simetrically. It's dificult to get the angle for these folds right before you make the top horizontal fold, but after that, yout just have to make then simetrical.

Hope it helps.
Luiz Alessandro Nörnberg
Brasil
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi ! nornberg, great video explains all I could have hoped for,thank you so much,,,,,if you still have the book could you help with the cuckoo clock on page 546? I cannot understand how fig92 swing over to the left to step 93 .This swing over has lost 1 horizontal space,I have been stuck with this for for to long,once again thanks for your help with the elephant. agedgent76plus
Merlyngami

Post by Merlyngami »

I can't tell for sure without folding it again, but I think it might just be a mistake with the diagramming in step 93. Have you tried just continuing the model?
nornberg

Post by nornberg »

I have never tried the clock, so I can't help with it right now... I maybe (only maybe) got inspired to give this project a try. If I try it this weekend, I'll let you know (but it's possible that I will need YOUR help to get that far...).

BTW: it may be a good idea to ask about a different model in a separate post. Other people may need the same help and, more important, more people may be willing to help with this model. They won't know this question is here, as the title is about the elephant :)
Luiz Alessandro Nörnberg
Brasil
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi!nornberg,folding the clock is a nightmare!and my model just collects dust,and has stopped at fig92/93 for about 2 years! I have posted it 2 or 3 times but never got any replies ,that is why I thought it was worth a chance asking you,might post it again if I am allowed,many thanks for your reply,,,agedgent76plus.