Desperately seeking "cigarette box" origami

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Abby

Desperately seeking "cigarette box" origami

Post by Abby »

Hi, I am looking for an origami cigarette box that real cigarettes would fit into. I want to make one size for 10 cigarettes and another size for 20. I would be so so grateful if anybody could help me with this.

I have found two already but the first one was to square and the second one had ornamental cigarettes built into it and I know I could cut the ornamental cigarettes out but I am not even sure if this box would be the right size for real standard cigarettes. Also if my eyes don't deceive me it has an overlapping diagonal falls on the front face of the box that would make it undesirable for printing on.

1) https://youtu.be/rPP03-IOI48

2) https://youtu.be/fB21mUPBhWA

I am not joking, I would literally pay for somebody to show me how to do this or show me how to adapt it to fit the size I am looking for.

Thanks.

Abby x
Baltorigamist

Re: Desperately seeking "cigarette box" origami

Post by Baltorigamist »

There are several (if not dozens of) origami boxes out there. I'm sure there's one out there that could be modified to fit your needs.
It depends on the exact measurements you need, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Abby

Post by Abby »

Thanks, the thing is though, I am quite new to this, Im not sure where the best places to look are and I dont understand the principles behind what size paper makes what size box. It seems to my (ignorant) self that for example with the first link i posted, the fact that it starts with square paper might be essential because the folds are symmetrical. I wouldnt know where to even begin working out how to modify it to produce my desired dimensions, plus i want it to be very specifically a cigarette box with the same shaped hinged lid exactly like the 2 examples.
steingar

Post by steingar »

Cigarettes are really really bad for you. They give you cancer, destroy your lungs, and make you, your clothes, your pets, and your place smell bad.
dinogami

Post by dinogami »

Now, now...we're not here to judge what other people do with their personal lives...!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Did you fold the first example? It states the measurements of the starting paper. If it is to small or to big I think you should be able too calculate the size of the starting paper by measuring a sigaret. Not very good math myself though.
steingar

Post by steingar »

dinogami wrote:Now, now...we're not here to judge what other people do with their personal lives...!
I have a hard time watching people killing themselves slowly. Obviously you're OK with it.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I could have easily mentioned the same thing as Dino, but I don't want to cause drama on an otherwise-peaceful board.
To me, smoking is generally a matter of personal preference at first, but then it becomes hard to quit. I'll never smoke if I can help it, but please end this "smoking is bad for you" thing here, if only to prevent drama.
It only ends up making people feel judged about their lifestyle.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Augustus Agamemnon

Post by Augustus Agamemnon »

Let's not talk about people's private lifestyles and find out how we could help Abby. I think that there are lots of options for your cigarette box, and you can find those instructions easily on the internet or in a book. You could also change the size of a box to fit your cigarettes in it by using larger paper.