Hiroaki Kobayashi - Pug

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
abnyc

Hiroaki Kobayashi - Pug

Post by abnyc »

So, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to move from step 6 to step 7: the diagrams just don't make sense. I may be doing something wrong in steps 1-5 (since it seems like I should have an extra triangle layer up top by the time I get to 6), but they seem pretty clear, and I don't know what I could do differently. Does anyone have experience folding this model who can explain what's going on in steps 6-7?? I'd hoped to make this as a gift for someone, but that may be impossible.
franz

Re: Hiroaki Kobayashi - Pug

Post by franz »

I'm folding for some 30 years and I can't remember beeing stuck at step 6 ... until now :-)

the diagrams are confussing: up to step 4 valley and mountain folds are shown correct, then at 5 valley folds are used to show, where the hiden corner will be after "unhiding" it; starting with step 6 all of a sudden dotted lines are used for valley folds; the diagram at 7 is wrong (there is no triangle on top, in my model there are no creases that are shown there).

I suggest as follows:

) fold step 1
) fold step 2
) only open sink the top as shown in 3
) mountain fold as shown in 4
) the "hidden corners" mentioned at 5 are not hidden now: closed sink them (they will be placed afterwards as indicated with the "valley folds" in 5)... now they will be hidden behind a white flap you should have
) valley fold this white flap up
) valley fold the other flap up (the one that was "hidden"
) repeat on the other side
) valley fold and unfold dividing the angle as shown in 6
) repeat on the other side
) now you can use the creases to get step 8 (as I said: the diagram in 7 is wrong)

step 9/10: you can fold the flap up, diving the angle, folding a rabbit ear, unfolding once again and you have all creases shown at 10 ... as I mentioned: dotted lines are used to show valley folds ...

) I didn't manage step 11 and 30/31 ...

hope that helps :-)
franz
abnyc

Post by abnyc »

Yes! Step 7 is wrong: BIG help.
missjanevictoria

Post by missjanevictoria »

Was wondering where I can find the steps/instructions for the pug? I have the CP but not so great 'reading' straight from a CP...
AxolotlBottle
Location: Underneath floating tree bark hiding from the predators

Post by AxolotlBottle »

Was wondering where I can find the steps/instructions for the pug? I have the CP but not so great 'reading' straight from a CP...
The diagrams are located in the Tanteidan 21st Covention booklet :)