Selling Photodiagrams?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Baltorigamist

Selling Photodiagrams?

Post by Baltorigamist »

I've been thinking about making photodiagrams as I fold my newer models, and I was wondering how much of a market there might be for them. They would be decent quality (I hope), starting with the CP and precreased sheet, and showing each major "checkpoint" of the collapse or folding sequence.
The first such photodiagram would be that of my newest tiger (see my Flickr), and more complex models, like insects and other arthropods, will hopefully follow soon.

So yeah, I'm curious to know how many of you have a desire to fold my models. Let me know how much you think the photodiagrams would be worth, as well as which of my models you like the most.

(I'm eventually planning to learn Inkscape and make actual diagrams, but this will be a starting point.)
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Re: Selling Photodiagrams?

Post by ahudson »

Certainly there are some people who have made effective photo-diagrams before; but especially knowing how complex your models are, I think it might be difficult to make good photo-diagrams of them. You'd have to be really careful not to let too much change in between steps, and to have thorough text explanations.

I just looked at your flickr photos and it looks like you know how to use your camera well enough to get readable images, so maybe make a short test diagram and send it to a couple people for comments? I'd be happy to give you some feedback if you get to a point where you're ready for that.
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Selling Photodiagrams?

Post by origami_8 »

I guess starting with the CP could be a major drawback for people to buy the diagrams. Either people know how to fold from CP, then in most cases they won't need the diagrams that come afterwards, or they don't, then a diagram needs to start at the very beginning and not at the collapse. But maybe I'm wrong.