I need help for treemaker

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
greenius

I need help for treemaker

Post by greenius »

Hi, I am a new user here on the origami forum. I wanted to ask a question about Treemaker, the origami design software. I recently installed it, but I have no idea how to use it. Call me dumb all you want, haha it's okay. It looks very complex, but I really want to know how to use it, since I wanted to design an origami pokemon with it. Also, since I am new here, may I know some of the basics of posting and things like that? :) Thanks, any help would be highly appreciated.
Baltorigamist

Re: I need help for treemaker

Post by Baltorigamist »

Moved to the correct subforum.

I've never used Treemaker, but there's probably someone here who can help you out.

As far as the forum rules, this topic isn't really the place to discuss that. You can look here for the answers to any questions you might have, and I or another moderator will be able to answer anything not found at the link.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Brimstone
Buddha

Re: I need help for treemaker

Post by Brimstone »

If you're looking for an abreviated way to learn TM, I don't think you'll find it. The program comes with a manual (version 4.0 at the time I think) you have to study and practice a lot. It's no easy.

Also you need to previously understand the "Tree method" the reason why the program got its name. Basically how a stick figure represents the number of flaps you need for the model you want to design.

When you've learnt some of these you will be tempted to use TM right away without paying much attention to all the parameters, don't do it, it won't work. Every single parameter is important.