80 unit icosahedron made from equilateral triangle

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Andre-4

80 unit icosahedron made from equilateral triangle

Post by Andre-4 »

https://youtu.be/9JXHKb4y1uE
Here is the link for a gallery of models all made with the same sonobe unit...The unit
Is an equilateral triangle like Electra ...but not a gyroscoped assembly!!!!Of course he wants us to think for ourselves and litter the planet doing it!!!Are you familiar with this unit....can you show me how its done...Thanks in advance
origami_8
Administrator

Re: 80 unit icosahedron made from equilateral triangle

Post by origami_8 »

It is not entirely the same, but the Argyle on this web page uses units that are a little similar. Maybe they can give you an idea on how to fold the units from the video: http://mykusudama.wixsite.com/hobby/square
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

Its a great link Thanks as i had seen h8er modules become more *visible *on the net,,naturally*...anyway nice for you to answer My post those are all square papers or rectangles...but THats the issue because mathematically an equilateral triangle is a totally Different beast....and they are mini units as well...if you look closely at the still you can make out six lines....so its nothing like electra or the triangle i found in My gallery yesterday
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

[-X even Daniel Kwan has a triangular unit but his module is open framed!!!!!
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

It was square not triangular and the tutorial is on* grupo Alquerque channel..triangulares modulos only turn up the corners so the two tone shows the underside