Water Dragon - Brian Chan

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
AncientDragon101

Water Dragon - Brian Chan

Post by AncientDragon101 »

Hi guys,

Looking for some help on a model by Brian Chan - it's not listed on his site, but the diagrams are in Bogota Convention 2013 (it's the cover model). I don't know if anyone knows it, but I can post the single problematic page. In step 43, it seems to want me to pull down a piece of paper that is, to my eye, obviously locked in place. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :D
Jaidev

Re: Water Dragon - Brian Chan

Post by Jaidev »

Can u please send a picture of the step i could probablly help
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I think step 43 means "unfold that thick strip you have there". In step 44 you need to recollapse that area but changing the gender of some of the creases.
FoldSkate

Post by FoldSkate »

Hi i just figured this step out! you're right that flap is locked but you have to open the model almost completely flat, make all the swivel folds, sink them, and then it will lay flat. In my opinion this step is diagrammed really poorly. The diagram doesn't show the back side of the flap. You have to do the same thing you did on the front to the back of the left flap. then it will all lay flat
idooi56

Post by idooi56 »

Thank you for the instructions. The diagrams are so unreadable that I was able to solve the CP but wasn't able to understand the diagrams...