Should Baltorigamist make a book?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...

Yes
54%
Yes, but an e-book
15%
Yes, an e-book and a physical one
31%
No, but individual diagrams
No votes
No
No votes
I don't mind
No votes

Total votes: 13

Folderp

Post by Folderp »

Not to pressure him into anything just yet, I mean, he's in college at the moment, and that's important. But I personally think he should consider eventually making a book, or at least individual diagrams (which could be sold on OrigamiUSA). Of course, it all comes down to what he feels like, and it is by no means necessary, and I'd like to know what everyone thinks (and possibly give Baltorigamist some support and encouragement :D).
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!
Baltorigamist

Re: Should Baltorigamist make a book?

Post by Baltorigamist »

Thanks a lot for the support! I definitely intend on diagramming some of my models in the future, but I need to learn how to do so first. I am indeed in college (in addition to working), so I have very little free time. Even so, a book is a definite possibility for the coming years.

That said, which models of mine would everyone like to see diagrams for?
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

Glad to support you! I love your models and I'm glad to hear that you're considering diagramming your models. I like the Clapperboard, Leafy Sea Dragon, Husky, Wyvern, Weta, Wolpertinger, Death's Head Hawkmoth, Cyrtotrachelus buqueti and Manticore most. I also like the Euthysanius beetle (but it's very similar to Lang's), One-sheet Rose (but it's very similar to Chan's) and the tiger (but there's already at least 3 of those that are all very similar). And yes, I do know that's a large chunk of your models.
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

I like the fact that he chooses subjects that aren't been done before..
My favourites .His Wheel Bug....his lizard ..camel spider .Stag beetle.......some of his fish and trilobite fossils which are on his deviantart account..
He also has many mystery c.p.s. which are untitled ...
But he has his stuff together choosing to concentrate on things he likes rather than follow the crowd and repeat things...
Originality is what clinches a book deal ....also authenticity ..showing your method...Shuki Kato has a great method his c.ps show that clearly whereas Manuel Sirgo Alvarez concentrates on fauna in his native lands and makes sense sequentially by diagrams..
No pressure .. because a lot of his box gridding is 64 * that would be an enormous task to draw