Finishing detail on the final model

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
ajinkyaB

Finishing detail on the final model

Post by ajinkyaB »

hello all,
Can someone guide me (and I am sure there are others) about adding details to the finished models? For example the frills on "sailfish" by John Montroll or "marlin" by Takuro Kashiwamura (tutorial on Mariano Zavala's youtube channel). I am attaching two pictures of "sailfish" by John Montroll here to illustrate my query properly. One in green is my fold and the other is folded by P Vong (from Gilad's origami database). I am finding it difficult to bend the paper to shape it. Do I have to wet the paper?https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yW0Kv ... W8TIcACJu3

Thanks,
Ajinkya.
Gerardo
Buddha

Re: Finishing detail on the final model

Post by Gerardo »

They probably are wetfolded or use a type of paper that allows that.

PS: Please don't watch Zavala's instructional videos nor "promote" them. He doesn't ask for authorization from the origami creators in order to make them public.
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
ajinkyaB

Post by ajinkyaB »

Woah! didn't know that!
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

Shaping is a matter of taste...if you look at diagramned books every folder has a method.some do 400 steps that nip..tuck and hide every unseemly edge then very simple books like Neal Elias who only gives a basic guide..
Some of the neatest finishers are Robert j land..Manuel SIRgo Alvarez ....to name a couple...
There are trade mark moves that don't vary....opening stacked creases and flattening into arrows...reversed sinks...
Trampoline folds ...locking where glue is prohibited..just so every thing looks inline and as much like the subject is a bug would have a ripped abdomen...
Horns are toothed or branched..
Is it female or male??
Crimp folds and scales
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

Gerardo wrote:They probably are wetfolded or use a type of paper that allows that.

PS: Please don't watch Zavala's instructional videos nor "promote" them. He doesn't ask for authorization from the origami creators in order to make them public.
ajinkyaB wrote:Woah! didn't know that!
Same. I never watched Zavala much but I will try not to now, because that is something I frown upon.
If you are looking for videos of tutorials, FearlessFlourish usually asks for permission(I think...).
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.
kelseyradley

Post by kelseyradley »

Whoa! was unaware of that!
Retro Bowl College