Duck by kyohel katsuta

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
margaretlouise

Duck by kyohel katsuta

Post by margaretlouise »

Hello. My name is Margaret and I have been folding origami for about 40 years. I am an intermediate folder. I would like to know if there is a tanteidan magazine for sale #94. I am very interested in the duck by Kyohei katsuta. No one seems to have it available. I have folded the duck from YouTube be would like the paper instructions. Thank you
sable7

Re: Duck by kyohel katsuta

Post by sable7 »

Hi Margaret! That model is quite elegant. I researched it and unfortunately, as with many such things, I believe the only way to obtain the diagrams would be to illegally download a pdf of it online. Of course, you should not do that, so I think you might be out of luck. Why do you need the diagrams if you have the YouTube tutorial?
I’m a young folder from the U.S. I love folding complex models and I’m beginning to design my own.
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

Well, you could always buy it from Tanteidan's website, but that's a bit expensive because it comes with 5 other issues of Tanteidan too.
http://www.origami.gr.jp/JOAS/subscribe-e.html
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!
margaretlouise

Post by margaretlouise »

Thanks for your answers but unfortunately there seem to be no copies left to purchase. When I began folding years ago I learned by diagrams. YouTube is nice because you can see how it is folded but I still prefer diagrams. I find videos somewhat frustrating because I have to pause it in order to maybe refold. Both options are good but I always fall back to the diagrams. Thanks