Taking Tutorial Requests(I need permission though!!)

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Archie

Taking Tutorial Requests(I need permission though!!)

Post by Archie »

Hello everybody! I am writing this to say I am finally, after a long time of considering, starting a youtube origami channel. My goal is to do something which hasn't been done that much in origami. Aim: Teach high quality origami tutorials, take requests, teach complex models by famous designers, but most importantly, get permission first I have asked some designers (Satoshi Kamiya, Shuki Kato etc), and have permission for some models. If anyone has any models they'd like taught, just let me know and I'll do my best. Paper will be (where suitable) origami shop tissue foil. This is because it's exceptionally easy to see creases and shapes well at the end. This is NOT self promoting, I genuinely want to help; hence why I'm asking for models you guys are struggling with. My channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3obgI ... 7v4_0XL-YQ?
Kind regards
Archie
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Taking Tutorial Requests(I need permission though!!)

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Would you be interested in teaching advanced and basic box pleating design techniques?
Archie

Post by Archie »

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:Would you be interested in teaching advanced and basic box pleating design techniques?
I actually was thinking to teach a boxpleated model very soon, so maybe before that I'll start weekly uploads of how to make them, gradually getting more complex but still covering everything you need to know to design and fold boxpleats. I have quite a few boxpleat designs so I'd gladly do that!
Cadix

Post by Cadix »

Hi,

I have a connected crane model (discovered independently of Kawasaki's somewhat different, but definitely related connected cranes). I don't have it diagramed though. Here's a picture:

(The cranes alternate color.)

I'd say it's intermediate to high intermediate. Dunno of that interests you at all. Would be happy to send you a quick, low quality tutorial.

tyler@linkless.org if you're interested.
EVERYTHING MUST BE MADE OF PAPER!
Cadix

Post by Cadix »

Oh, I also have a more refined version of:

It's got some interesting variations too. Kind of a pain to get the hang of (at least for me, even though I designed it :-)).
EVERYTHING MUST BE MADE OF PAPER!
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

Most Youtubers start off with good intentions..but hardly respond to requests from comments and do things their way..If you read topics models where folders need help rarely will make you money or get the views you want...simply because the demographic pf what teenage boys like and soon enough they also get stuck on the same old beasts..dinosaurs dragons and spiders....
My advice is to fold things where the c.ps arent readily available...and dont duplicate wyverns and puppy dogs just because jo public does
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

Archie wrote:
NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:Would you be interested in teaching advanced and basic box pleating design techniques?
I actually was thinking to teach a boxpleated model very soon, so maybe before that I'll start weekly uploads of how to make them, gradually getting more complex but still covering everything you need to know to design and fold boxpleats. I have quite a few boxpleat designs so I'd gladly do that!
Its lucrative if you realise the potential f reserching threads and seeing what models are over looked
.why not post links of your videos and we can comment on lighting.. camera angles and the hands in the way..paper clarity etc which ultimately is the decidyng factor on longeivity in the origami tutorial game