Pyramid

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
agedgent76plus

Pyramid

Post by agedgent76plus »

I failed to fold jun maekawa pyramid ,even after a lot of good photos a few years ago so I started again recently,and came to the same stop,as then,step 27 any help would be good.
Kabuntan

Re: Pyramid

Post by Kabuntan »

The step number alone isn't very helpful. Any more information about the source you are using (book title, website, etc) could be useful for people trying to help.
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Thank you for answering ,you are right ,I should have given more information, the book is genuine origami jun maekawa and I cannot get past step 27,
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

Assuming we have the same version of the book, your model should look almost* like that in step 27:

*: almost, because I folded only 1 level of recursion - I omitted step 23 (~repeat 13 - 21).

Step 28 (which is where you are stuck, right?) is really nothing special, only that the diagram is not very clear, and is tiny...

Look at the model from over (as per the eye in 27), and reverse-fold those V parts. Following picture shows it for the biggest one, do it for the two smaller ones too:

Then, you should have that:

Repeat on the other three corners.

Is that where you are stuck?
If not, please upload a picture of your model so I can try and help.
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi kabuntan l cannot find any help with uploading a picture, your pictures are great ,and I would like to say thatI Iam not to far away if you can help with step 29,perhaps it will help.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Hey agedget, regarding the help with the pictures check viewtopic.php?f=2&t=721
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi brimstone,thanks for the information,,,big help, agedgent76plus.
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi kabuntan,any help with step 29 would be good,your pictures are a great help, Not happy with uploading my picture. Agedgent76plus.
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

So, here are 29 - 30 - 31 (what is your problem with uploading pictures?):

Step 29:
Open up one layer as indicated - almost like a petal fold - and be sure to push indicated point to change paper's concavity (said point (black dot) is in the middle of where you need to push).

This is what you should have (black dot in the center is pushed spot):

Step 30:
Now, bring together the back of A and B (here, the red side behind A and B should come into contact); indicated valley-fold should move itself into place when you do.

Step 31:
With A and B backs still in contact, asymmetric-fold the model following shown creases: the black edge should be folded to the left.
(NB: on the picture, A and B are separated, but that's because I only have two hands and can't properly hold the paper in shape while taking a picture).

Fold in progress:
Those three arrows indicate where those parts should end.

Here is what you should get:
which brings you to step 32 (simple mountain fold to lock previous step).

Hope it helps a bit.
When you finish your fold, please post a picture of it!
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi kabuntan, Thanks for brilliant pictures, I will hope to finish the pyramid,this time,the reason
,Icannot send any pictures is I do not use social Medea sites,thanks again for your help. Agedgent76plus.
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

Well, I don't know about social media either, but you can upload your images to some free picture-hosting websites (I did it with imgbb.com here, although there are many other options).
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi kabuntan, having trouble with step 29 your picture with a large arrowhead ,are their two horizontal lines within the arrow head or is a trick of the light,or have I missed a crease? Sorry to keep,bothering you,agentgent76plus.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

The upper “line” is a shadow of the edge that you have to squash. The valley crease you’re creating with the squash will run perpendicular to the mountain fold that’s already there. (Kabuntan’s second picture shows the underside of the same step.)
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Thanks for your help, agedgent76plus