Ancient Dragon

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
AquaDragon

Ancient Dragon

Post by AquaDragon »

I just saw an origami Ancient Dragon and I now want to make one, but does anyone know where I can get a diagram for one?
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Works of Satoshi Kamiya or Origami Tandatien #7(out of print?) are the only places for diagrams :D

Works of Satoshi Kamiya can also be bought from Sausaga Bookstore and Origami USA
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Works of Satoshi Kamiya is the only place to get the diagrams. Origami Tanteidan 7 has Satoshi Kamiya's Unicorn, not Ancient Dragon.

Origami Tandatien 7 does not exist.:)
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

:lol: I get confused when it comes to tanteidan (however you spell it)
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
islandmassive

Post by islandmassive »

me to lol
AquaDragon

Post by AquaDragon »

Oh well, thanks anyway...
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Hey, the books worth it if you're up for a challenge... if you look on the first link I gave, it shows all the the models at the bottom of that page. All those models are diagrammed! :D Of course, not everyone wants the book for all the models... some just want it for the dragon, and in that case, I don't consider it worth it. Think about it! :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
adamdust

Post by adamdust »

don't forget the divine dragon! and the wizard! both in the same book with the ancient dragon definitely makes it worth it.

even if you only get the book for the ancient dragon, you'll find the other models beckoning you to fold them. it's a book worth having.
Adam Dust
Mospinispinosp

Post by Mospinispinosp »

If I still can't consistently fold something like a kawasaki rose would it even be worth it to get the book or should I wait until I'm a little better?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

The models in the book aren´t easy at all. If it´s worth for you to buy the book, you have to decide on your own, maybe you can take it as stimulation to become better with Origami. The question with good complex Origamibooks like this one is always how long they will be available. There are more than enough books I would like to have that aren´t available any longer :(
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Luckily, Works of Satoshi Kamiya is still available! :D Thats currently the only origami book that I really want. But, however, it sure costs a lot! I did the math, and if it get it from Origami House, it's $72 Canadian! And if I end up not being able to get it from there, I have to get it from Sasuga books, for $102 Canadian! Well, I'll get it somehow :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Rick2478

Post by Rick2478 »

THIS BOOK PWNS! It'is the most amazing investment I've made throughout my entire life. I've folded the Wizard, Unicorn and some other great models from the book and am just gearing up to make the first creases in my freshly made sheet of 50 cm tissue foil, destined to become an Ancient Dragon. Plus, if you order it from OrigamiUSA, it's only about 60 bucks (70 if you're not a member) Canadian! It's such a great deal if you factor in the stunning models you'll be able to fold after purchasing this book.
--- What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar? ---
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

60 dollars? I looked on Origami USA, and it seemed like it cost a lot more than that... Then again, I never will know because Origami USA deletes my e-mails because my name for e-mails is set to Giggy Diggy (so they must think it's spam). I may live quite close to you, who knows. I'm a Nova Scotian.

PS, please read the forum rules and regulations... I noticed your "THIS BOOK PWNS!" part.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

yes divin dragon Bamut
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Cupcake wrote:my name for e-mails is set to Giggy Diggy (so they must think it's spam)
Why don´t you change it if you think your mails are handled like spam because of this name?