How to ask for help from ORIGAMI-L ?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
steyen

How to ask for help from ORIGAMI-L ?

Post by steyen »

Hi,

How do I ask for help from ORIGAMI-L about crease patterns (if im stuck at folding a crease pattern) ?
saj

Post by saj »

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. There's no one person in charge of helping with CPs; I'm helpless with them myself!

Please see this page to learn how to subscribe and start sending messages to the Origami Mailing List.

I believe we have quite a few talented CP folders on the forum, but they might not be around at this time.

And ... what CP is it? Can you provide a link?

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
steyen

Post by steyen »

i see--nevermind for replying late, because as long as there is someone replying, i will feel happy!

the cp i am stuck on is :
http://www.bluegoo.net/~jason/2004.hydralisk.html

thanks! : :)
OrigamiMagiro
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiMagiro »

Hi Steven,

This cp is actually located at http://www.bluegoo.net/~jason/2004/hydralisk.html and is shown here:

[img]http://www.bluegoo.net/~jason/2004/pics ... iskcp1.jpg[/img]

This crease pattern is actually very straight forward box-pleating except for the right and left edges on the lower portion of the model. These horizontal lines create the pleats for the stomach of the model and are to be folded last (i.e. fold the vertical pleats back and forth as you would with regular box-pleating, while folding the horizontal creases second, folding through the multiple vertical layers). This technique for making a patterned plane was taken from satoshi's ryu-zin; if you have the crease pattern, you can try looking at the marked valley and mountain folds for instruction.
steyen

Post by steyen »

oops..thanks--
actually i can fold all the creases, and collapse it into a base. Then, i shaped it to become a hydralisk with a probem: the belly is open and i dont know how to fold the mouth
OrigamiMagiro
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiMagiro »

The mouth shape involves taking the left and right flaps of the three small flaps at the top center of the cp and swinging them back to make the lower jaw. The same two flaps on the upper jaw (slightly lower on the cp) were going to be teeth, but I ended up not using them for aesthetic purposes. I just folded them inside.

The belly is open, isn't it? How you close it involves folding over the sides of the gape so the pleated planes overlap, and then you tuck on side into the other. This might also involve minimally reworking some of the side pleats, depending on how you folded your base.

Hope that helps!
steyen

Post by steyen »

wow! i immediately have an idea of how to close the belly!
I'll try it first!
i'll show you my folded hydralisk after i've finished it--

(how do you upload pictures in this message?)
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I reply my own message from another topic:

you can upload pictures here:

http://www.imageshack.us/

it's easy and self-explanatory.
after you've "hosted" that picture, you will get a couple of links to share the picture in different ways.

- Christian
hurda

Hydralisk

Post by hurda »

Hi Iˇm big fun of SC and I would like to fold my own hydras - but I'M realy noob in origami - could someone make some step by step manual for breeding hydras I thing it could be vary popular as long as StarCraft i vary popular.

I beg you, I realy want o have this, it's the coolest way to decorate my room
Kinda Lau

Post by Kinda Lau »

Wow, i've seen this hydra on your site a while back but decided not to try since i don;t have experience with CPs. It's great to see some tips on how to fold it here though, myabe i'll try someday. Any good CP folding guides?
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

Any good CP folding guides?
check this forum... simply use the search function... I know, using the search function is annoying, uncool and only a job for wimps, but you should try it out, maybe you like it :lol:

Christian