Komatsu Lion

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

Saj, do you think it's time for a general announcement to the effect that this board does not support the scanning, reproduction or trading of copyright materials, and that all posts going against this principle will be deleted?
of course you're right with the trading, but I think we made our point clear. in my opinion, there is no need to delete every post, that's about trading, because it's a normal procedure to ask for stuff especially in the net, but self-responsibility should be the keyword. as long as it's kept in borders, it's normal to ask, but it should not become too much.

greetings

Christian
saj

Post by saj »

Hi there,

I'm sorry it's taken ages to reply; I've been a little busy with my exams :(
Saj, do you think it's time for a general announcement to the effect that this board does not support the scanning, reproduction or trading of copyright materials, and that all posts going against this principle will be deleted?
Yes what a brilliant idea! I do however think we should not delete the posts. Moderators of the forum have the ability to lock topics (which can later be unlocked if necessary). You will see that I have locked a few threads on the board.

I'm preety much wasted with exams for the next two weeks, but if you can get me a draft of the message (I'm not entirely sure how to word it; maybe you can help?!) I'll post it immediately.

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I can include this message in the welcoming email that registered members receieve.

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Back to the lion . . .

Is there any way to contact Komatsu himself about a diagram/folding process? Does anyone have a way to do this?
BigFIFan

Post by BigFIFan »

I absolutely love this model, and have been waiting for diagrams for a couple years now. I hope he publishes a book some day with diagrams for it.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I have something that might help those who want to fold this model. It's not the diagrams!! Roman Diaz this great folder and creator from Uruguay ( http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/romanmdeo/my_photos ) has done an analysis on this model and he has allowed me to host the files on my website for people to download.

There are 3 files:
First shows how to obtain the references for the creases:
http://www.angelfire.com/co/cubo/Leon_K ... encias.ppt
The second shows the crease assignation http://www.angelfire.com/co/cubo/leon_K ... ignado.ppt
And the third shows the collapsing process using pictures: http://www.angelfire.com/co/cubo/Proceso_Roman.ppt

Explanations are in Spanish and Roman has been very busy lately so i don't know if he can answer questions. I haven't tried it yet.

Good luck
BigFIFan

Post by BigFIFan »

Looks like the site is down.
bshuval

Post by bshuval »

Actually, it works fine. Just copy the link and paste it into a new browser window.

However, I found that the third link does not work.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I didn't know Angelfire had blocked direct linking. I did a small page whith the links to the 3 files, see it at:
http://www.angelfire.com/co/cubo/klion.html

Let me know your comments
origamifan

Post by origamifan »

Please anyone translate these file to English ?

Actually I joined the Yahoo group where Roman Diaz and other folder gather but they all posts in Spainish .
So please anyone speak Spanish translate to English for everyone to understand it easily.
bshuval

Post by bshuval »

Use altavista
The translation from Spanish to English is quite understandable.
barlou

Post by barlou »

Thanks Brimston !
I made the references, but i'm stuck on the first step of the collapse.
I don't understand how he did it ... I'd like to have some photos from a lateral view.
But the rest seems easy to understand :roll:

About the explanations, you don't really need to translate em, its easy to understand without speak spanish.
Just a word to know : despejo = clean
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't know Angelfire had blocked direct linking. I did a small page whith the links to the 3 files, see it at:
http://www.angelfire.com/co/cubo/klion.html
Let me know your comments
i tried to look at these pages, but they are in a format called ppt what program can open these? netscape wants to associate a program of my choice to them, or save, but i dont know which program to use, usually filenames are automatically associated and if the optionto choose a program pops up, i ususally dont havethat program. thanks :)

oh ps i sent an email to rj lang to get a copy of treemaker, but he has not replied...im sure he is busy man...but is this normal? it has been about a month now :(
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

To open ppt (and pps) files you will need Microsoft Powerpoint (included in Microsoft Office). Alternatively you can also get the free Powerpoint Viewer which probably is the better option since it's free :-)

So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Morgan wrote:oh ps i sent an email to rj lang to get a copy of treemaker, but he has not replied...im sure he is busy man...but is this normal? it has been about a month now :(
You can download the program here. Maybe he thought that you would find it on your own and hasn't replied therefore.

For the future: Please enable BBCode in your posts and read your Privat Messages!
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

ahhh powerpoint, cool thanks :) and anna, i will enable the bbcode, but what does it do? and also...i do check private messages, and haven't had any in a month...hmmmm thanks for the link :) now i have a new frustration to try out on thankgiving day :)