I done my Buddha!!

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

^^
No problem with your english it is fine enough.

Once you place the thin paper on the foil all things will happen.

The thin paper will crumple
Thin paper might tear

Since the foil should already have glue on it the thin paper woud not slip. On the contrary if you place it wrong (i.e. borders do not match) it will be difficult to fix it.

What you should do to prevent tearing it is place the thin paper over the glued foil and rub it with your hands from the center towards the borders.

One thing my friends developed so they do not have to worry anymore about the thin paper getting crumpled is crumpling it in advance. Make a tight ball with the paper and then unfold it. It gives a good finishing to the paper.

Do not expect to have a perfect result on the first attempt but in no time you should master this procedure.

Good luck and if you have more questions just ask
Isidore Orpheus

Post by Isidore Orpheus »

10q!!.....i will try make this kind of foil paper...
steyen

Post by steyen »

hello, i am from malaysia too! i am in kuala lumpur
how about you?
Isidore Orpheus

Post by Isidore Orpheus »

i think its not suitable 2 greeting like tat in this forum.....but u can send me an email 2 hogwarts_yong@yahoo.com or chat with msn -- zenrya0304@hotmail.com ...or icq# 168466552 10q ^^"
cavemanboon

Post by cavemanboon »

Isidore Orpheus wrote:is silk paper available in malaysia?
apart from the kinokuniya stores which wolf mentioned, u may want to check the Popular Bookshop outlets if u can find them near u. i have seen them in their outlets and also in gift shops in penang. costs about RM 2.90 for a sheet probably a little smaller than 50cm x 70 cm.
Dioniso

Post by Dioniso »

Why don't you wetfold the model you have already done???
I think you can shape it in a better way so...
Dioniso
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

So I just finished my first attempt at this model (using tracing paper), and was wondering if the arms are really supposed to be so... unattached to the body... I know my folds that rotate them into place are a bit askew, but my Buddha's arms have a tendency to partly unfold themselves after a minute or so. Are they supposed to lock themselves into place via a step I overlooked, or is the only way around this using tissue foil or some other paper that holds its shape better?

(90% humidity where I live probably doesn't help either.)

<i>Aside: Forum mods, what's a good rule of thumb as to how small a picture should be to insert it into a post rather than linking to it?</i>
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <i>Aside: Forum mods, what's a good rule of thumb as to how small a picture should be to insert it into a post rather than linking to it?</i>
I can answer this one, I think. You can't insert a picture. You can only link to them. :)
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Dude, that's not what he's asking.

I haven't found the numbers in the forum rules, but on some other forums I frequent, acceptable picture sizes for dropping into posts are generally 640x480 or less. Anything bigger should be linked, either through text or a thumbnail.
steyen

Post by steyen »

if we upload the pictures to ImageShack, they will provide a thumbnail link. :arrow: (is that what you meant?)